Old 04-21-2011, 08:28 PM
Adam Wead

Default iscsi multipath fails

Hi all,

I have a Dell server running cent 5.6, new install, connecting to an IBM DS3500.* I have configured iscsi connections using iscsid and can log into the targets on the IBM.* I can also mount the LUNs when accessing them from their active controller path.* When I throw multipath into the mix, it fails completely.* Multipath is working, when I run multipath -ll it shows me the correct active path and it is mapped to a device under /dev/mapper.* However, if I try to access the device from that path, no luck.* A mount request just hangs and eventually there's a kernel error message.

I'm using the native rdac drivers that came with the OS.* Anyone using something similar?* My guess is that it's either bad drivers, or a bad multipath config.* I started with the default, but after tweaking different parameters, it's still not working.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Adam Wead