Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   CentOS (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/)
-   -   yum update after fresh 5.6 install fails (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/516549-yum-update-after-fresh-5-6-install-fails.html)

Andre Charbonneau 04-20-2011 07:53 PM

yum update after fresh 5.6 install fails
 
Hi,
I just finished installing a CentOS 5.6 x86_64 system and the first
thing I wanted to do after the install is to apply the software patches.

But I get the following error when I try to run 'yum update':

Package libuser-0.54.7-2.1.el5_5.2.x86_64.rpm is not signed

and yum update exits without applying any of the patches.


I tried clearing the cache and re-running the update command but I get
the same error.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
Andre
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

"Brunner, Brian T." 04-20-2011 07:54 PM

yum update after fresh 5.6 install fails
 
centos-bounces@centos.org wrote:
> Hi,
> I just finished installing a CentOS 5.6 x86_64 system and the first
> thing I wanted to do after the install is to apply the
> software patches.
>
> But I get the following error when I try to run 'yum update':
>
> Package libuser-0.54.7-2.1.el5_5.2.x86_64.rpm is not signed
>
> and yum update exits without applying any of the patches.

yum --skip-broken update


Insert spiffy .sig here:
Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary parts.

//me
************************************************** *****************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this
email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
www.Hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated**

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Andre Charbonneau 04-20-2011 07:58 PM

yum update after fresh 5.6 install fails
 
Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
> centos-bounces@centos.org wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I just finished installing a CentOS 5.6 x86_64 system and the first
>> thing I wanted to do after the install is to apply the
>> software patches.
>>
>> But I get the following error when I try to run 'yum update':
>>
>> Package libuser-0.54.7-2.1.el5_5.2.x86_64.rpm is not signed
>>
>> and yum update exits without applying any of the patches.
>>
>
> yum --skip-broken update
>
Thanks for the quick reply!
Unfortunately, that did not seem to fix the problem. I get the same
error. :-(

Andre
>
> Insert spiffy .sig here:
> Life is complex: it has both real and imaginary parts.
>
> //me
> ************************************************** *****************
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
> they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
> notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this
> email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
> www.Hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated**
>
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>


--
Andre Charbonneau
Research Computing Support, IMSB
National Research Council Canada
100 Sussex Drive, Rm 2158
Ottawa, ON, Canada K1A 0R6
613-993-3129

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Filipe Rosset 04-20-2011 08:03 PM

yum update after fresh 5.6 install fails
 
On 04/20/2011 04:53 PM, Andre Charbonneau wrote:
> Hi,
> I just finished installing a CentOS 5.6 x86_64 system and the first
> thing I wanted to do after the install is to apply the software patches.
>
> But I get the following error when I try to run 'yum update':
>
> Package libuser-0.54.7-2.1.el5_5.2.x86_64.rpm is not signed
>
> and yum update exits without applying any of the patches.
>
>
> I tried clearing the cache and re-running the update command but I get
> the same error.
>

You can disable the gpg signature check with --nogpgcheck (not
recommended) or wait for a fixed package.

--
Filipe
Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Mathieu Baudier 04-20-2011 08:03 PM

yum update after fresh 5.6 install fails
 
> * *Package libuser-0.54.7-2.1.el5_5.2.x86_64.rpm is not signed

You could use --nogpgcheck but this is really weird that some packages
are not signed.
It may mean that the package is not from the trusted source, so you
should not use --nogpgcheck on a "serious" environment.
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Andre Charbonneau 04-20-2011 08:11 PM

yum update after fresh 5.6 install fails
 
Mathieu Baudier wrote:
>> Package libuser-0.54.7-2.1.el5_5.2.x86_64.rpm is not signed
>>
>
> You could use --nogpgcheck but this is really weird that some packages
> are not signed.
>
> It may mean that the package is not from the trusted source, so you
> should not use --nogpgcheck on a "serious" environment.
>
Yes, that's what I thought too about not disabling gpg.
yum info on the package reports that the update is coming from the
'updates' repo, and that repo is configured to be:

[updates]
name=CentOS-$releasever - Updates
mirrorlist=http://mirrorlist.centos.org/?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch&repo=updates
#baseurl=http://mirror.centos.org/centos/$releasever/updates/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-CentOS-5

This is all the default settings from a fresh install; I'm not aware
that anything changed in these configs.

If this package is not signed, then I guess other people should be able
to reproduce the problem if they point to the default repos, right? Or
maybe it is something on my system's config that is different?

Thanks again!
Andre

> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>


--
Andre Charbonneau
Research Computing Support, IMSB
National Research Council Canada
100 Sussex Drive, Rm 2158
Ottawa, ON, Canada K1A 0R6
613-993-3129

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Akemi Yagi 04-20-2011 08:13 PM

yum update after fresh 5.6 install fails
 
On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Filipe Rosset <rosset.filipe@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/20/2011 04:53 PM, Andre Charbonneau wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I just finished installing a CentOS 5.6 x86_64 system and the first
>> thing I wanted to do after the install is to apply the software patches.
>>
>> But I get the following error when I try to run 'yum update':
>>
>> * * Package libuser-0.54.7-2.1.el5_5.2.x86_64.rpm is not signed
>>
>> and yum update exits without applying any of the patches.

> You can disable the gpg signature check with --nogpgcheck (not
> recommended) or wait for a fixed package.

Another workaround:

Put this line in /etc/yum.conf

exclude=libuser*

yum update will now work. Then when a fixed version is out, be sure to
remove the exclude line.

Akemi
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Andre Charbonneau 04-20-2011 08:16 PM

yum update after fresh 5.6 install fails
 
Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Filipe Rosset <rosset.filipe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 04/20/2011 04:53 PM, Andre Charbonneau wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I just finished installing a CentOS 5.6 x86_64 system and the first
>>> thing I wanted to do after the install is to apply the software patches.
>>>
>>> But I get the following error when I try to run 'yum update':
>>>
>>> Package libuser-0.54.7-2.1.el5_5.2.x86_64.rpm is not signed
>>>
>>> and yum update exits without applying any of the patches.
>>>
>
>
>> You can disable the gpg signature check with --nogpgcheck (not
>> recommended) or wait for a fixed package.
>>
>
> Another workaround:
>
> Put this line in /etc/yum.conf
>
> exclude=libuser*
>
> yum update will now work. Then when a fixed version is out, be sure to
> remove the exclude line.
>
> Akemi
>
Thanks for the tip!
That seems to be working; my update process is underway now.

Thank you all for the help,
Andre
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>


--
Andre Charbonneau
Research Computing Support, IMSB
National Research Council Canada
100 Sussex Drive, Rm 2158
Ottawa, ON, Canada K1A 0R6
613-993-3129

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Marcel Beerli 04-20-2011 08:19 PM

yum update after fresh 5.6 install fails
 
Another option is to exclude it on the command line

yum -x libuser update

/Marcel



-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces@centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces@centos.org] On Behalf Of Andre Charbonneau
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 1:16 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] yum update after fresh 5.6 install fails

Akemi Yagi wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 1:03 PM, Filipe Rosset <rosset.filipe@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 04/20/2011 04:53 PM, Andre Charbonneau wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I just finished installing a CentOS 5.6 x86_64 system and the first
>>> thing I wanted to do after the install is to apply the software patches.
>>>
>>> But I get the following error when I try to run 'yum update':
>>>
>>> Package libuser-0.54.7-2.1.el5_5.2.x86_64.rpm is not signed
>>>
>>> and yum update exits without applying any of the patches.
>>>
>
>
>> You can disable the gpg signature check with --nogpgcheck (not
>> recommended) or wait for a fixed package.
>>
>
> Another workaround:
>
> Put this line in /etc/yum.conf
>
> exclude=libuser*
>
> yum update will now work. Then when a fixed version is out, be sure to
> remove the exclude line.
>
> Akemi
>
Thanks for the tip!
That seems to be working; my update process is underway now.

Thank you all for the help,
Andre
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>


--
Andre Charbonneau
Research Computing Support, IMSB
National Research Council Canada
100 Sussex Drive, Rm 2158
Ottawa, ON, Canada K1A 0R6
613-993-3129

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

Kai Schaetzl 04-20-2011 08:22 PM

yum update after fresh 5.6 install fails
 
These packages are quite new (only a few hours old). They must have been
accidentally not signed. Skip them for the time being.

Kai


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:01 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.