Old 04-19-2011, 08:40 PM
Eric Kaufmann

Default Centos 5.3, Firefox, and JRE

I can't get java applets to run in Firefox.

We are using centos 5.3, firefox 3.0.11. Java version 1.6.0_24 is installed.

java version "1.6.0_24"

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode)

I know there has been allot written about this issue. I did look and there is no jre plug in installed for Firefox.

I tried to reinstall java and this did not work either.

Any ideas?

Eric

--
Eric Kaufmann |* Application Support Analyst -* Advanced Technology Group | Saint Louis University | 314-977-2257 | kaufmann@slu.edu | Interested in High Performance Computing? Visit us at http://rocks64.slu.edu/atg .