Old 04-18-2011, 07:26 PM
Jerry Geis

Default kernel panic on 5.6

I am getting:

kernel panic unable to mount root fs on unknown block (0,0)

This is just a normal box that I have use many a time to test install.
Basic one disk SATA 160G. Been using it for at least a year.

Is this that glibc issue hitting me? or something else?

Thanks,

Jerry

Old 04-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Les Mikesell

On 4/18/2011 2:26 PM, Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am getting:
>
> kernel panic unable to mount root fs on unknown block (0,0)
>
> This is just a normal box that I have use many a time to test install.
> Basic one disk SATA 160G. Been using it for at least a year.
>
> Is this that glibc issue hitting me? or something else?
>
> Thanks,

Probably something else - if you haven't mounted root you aren't running
the shared glibc from there... Will it boot if you interrupt the
initial grub screen and pick your previous kernel?

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com