-   -   php53 and mcrypt (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/514548-php53-mcrypt.html)

"Geoff Galitz" 04-15-2011 11:32 AM

php53 and mcrypt

*
More PHP fun!
*
I can see in the spec files that php-mcrypt support was
removed by Redhat.* I tried to find out why but I don't have sufficient
access to redhat bugzilla.* I am wondering if it is actually necessary as I
have also run across a post or two that indicates applications that rely on
mcrypt still work with the new php53.
*
Perhaps mcrypt was superceded by another module or PHP core code?
*
*

Rainer Traut 04-15-2011 11:55 AM

php53 and mcrypt

Am 15.04.2011 13:32, schrieb Geoff Galitz:
> More PHP fun!
> I can see in the spec files that php-mcrypt support was removed by
> Redhat. I tried to find out why but I don't have sufficient access to
> redhat bugzilla. I am wondering if it is actually necessary as I have
> also run across a post or two that indicates applications that rely on
> mcrypt still work with the new php53.
> Perhaps mcrypt was superceded by another module or PHP core code?

Yeah, I had the same problem with missing php_mcrypt. ;)
I did a full rebuild of php53 with patched spec so that it produces
php53_mcrypt but that is not very elegant.
The more elegant way to do it is to make an rpm for only the missing
modules like EPEL's "php-extras".
So I'm interested in this, too.

Rainer

Phil Schaffner 04-15-2011 12:42 PM

php53 and mcrypt

Rainer Traut wrote on 04/15/2011 07:55 AM:
> Yeah, I had the same problem with missing php_mcrypt. ;)
> I did a full rebuild of php53 with patched spec so that it produces
> php53_mcrypt but that is not very elegant.
> The more elegant way to do it is to make an rpm for only the missing
> modules like EPEL's "php-extras".
> So I'm interested in this, too.

Another possibility is using what IUS has already done and installing
php53u packages. See the following CentOS forum thread for details:
https://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=30881&forum=3 8

Phil