Old 04-13-2011, 02:13 PM
Kaushal Shriyan

Default Sangoma A101DE 1 Port E1/T1 With Hardware Echo Cancellation ( PCI Express ) Card installed on the box

Hi,

I have Sangoma A101DE 1 Port E1/T1 With Hardware Echo Cancellation ( PCI Express ) Card installed on the box. Its not detected. Details are as below :-

[root@asterisk ~]# lspci
00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 Host Bridge (rev 01)

00:01.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 PCI Bridge
00:04.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 PCI Bridge
00:05.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 PCI Bridge
00:12.0 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 Serial ATA Controller

00:13.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB Host Controller
00:13.1 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB Host Controller
00:13.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 USB2 Host Controller

00:14.0 SMBus: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 SMBus Controller (rev 10)
00:14.1 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 IDE Controller
00:14.3 ISA bridge: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 PCI-ISA Bridge
00:14.4 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 PCI-PCI Bridge

00:14.5 Multimedia audio controller: ATI Technologies Inc IXP SB400 AC'97 Audio Controller (rev 01)
00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] HyperTransport Technology Configuration

00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Address Map
00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] DRAM Controller
00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 [Athlon64/Opteron] Miscellaneous Control

01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc RS480 [Radeon Xpress 200G Series]
01:05.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon Xpress Series (RS480)
02:00.0 PCI bridge: PLX Technology, Inc. PEX8112 x1 Lane PCI Express-to-PCI Bridge (rev aa)

04:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5751 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express (rev 20)
05:0a.0 Ethernet controller: Accton Technology Corporation EN-1216 Ethernet Adapter (rev 11)
[root@asterisk ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release

CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
[root@asterisk ~]# asterisk -v
Asterisk 1.6.2.11, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2010 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster@digium.com>

Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it under

certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
Asterisk already running on /var/run/asterisk/asterisk.ctl.* Use 'asterisk -r' to connect.

[root@asterisk ~]#

Please suggest/guide

Thanks

Kaushal

Old 04-13-2011, 03:42 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>I have Sangoma A101DE 1 Port E1/T1 With Hardware Echo Cancellation ( PCI Express )
>Card installed on the box. Its not detected. Details are as below :-

I have seen these type of cards detected as something else. Its also been ages since I used
asterisk anyway, I use FreeSWITCH now and as you have a Sangoma you should too

You will need Sangoma's drivers, their wiki is as straightforward as it gets. Head over there...
Also, they offer free support for their products if the wiki doesn't help you.

Good luck,
jlc

Old 04-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Ryan Wagoner

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 10:13 AM, Kaushal Shriyan
<kaushalshriyan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have Sangoma A101DE 1 Port E1/T1 With Hardware Echo Cancellation ( PCI
> Express ) Card installed on the box. Its not detected. Details are as below
> :-

Sounds like a hardware problem. I'm running CentOS 5.5 with three
Sangoma cards and Asterisk. The one is showing up as a A200 card
instead of a A102d card but it is working fine.

[root@voip ~]# cat /etc/redhat-release
CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
[root@voip ~]# uname -r
2.6.18-194.32.1.el5
[root@voip ~]# lspci | grep Sangoma
05:04.0 Network controller: Sangoma Technologies Corp. A200/Remora
FXO/FXS Analog AFT card
08:04.0 Network controller: Sangoma Technologies Corp. A104d QUAD T1/E1 AFT card
0a:04.0 Network controller: Sangoma Technologies Corp. A104d QUAD T1/E1 AFT card

Ryan

Old 04-13-2011, 06:04 PM
Ryan Wagoner

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Nicolas Ross
<rossnick-lists@cybercat.ca> wrote:
>>> I have Sangoma A101DE 1 Port E1/T1 With Hardware Echo Cancellation ( PCI
>>> Express ) Card installed on the box. Its not detected. Details are as
>>> below
>>> :-
>>
>> Sounds like a hardware problem. I'm running CentOS 5.5 with three
>> Sangoma cards and Asterisk. The one is showing up as a A200 card
>> instead of a A102d card but it is working fine.
>>
>> (...)
>
> What kind of HW is the machine ? You realy have 10 T1 on one machine ? How
> does that scale ?

We were migrating from a Toshiba digital system to VoIP in phases. I
had 4 PRIs between the systems and 5 PRIs to the phone company. It's
running on a Dell R710 with two Intel E5520 quad cores and 6GB of
memory. The hardware is probably overkill, but dual processors are
cheap compared to PRI cards. During the middle of the day we average
50-60 concurrent calls with around 4,000 calls per day. System load
stays right around 1.00.

Ryan

Old 04-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Kaushal Shriyan

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Ryan Wagoner <rswagoner@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Nicolas Ross

<rossnick-lists@cybercat.ca> wrote:

>>> I have Sangoma A101DE 1 Port E1/T1 With Hardware Echo Cancellation ( PCI

>>> Express ) Card installed on the box. Its not detected. Details are as

>>> below

>>> :-

>> Sounds like a hardware problem. I'm running CentOS 5.5 with three

>> Sangoma cards and Asterisk. The one is showing up as a A200 card

>> instead of a A102d card but it is working fine.

>> (...)

> What kind of HW is the machine ? You realy have 10 T1 on one machine ? How

> does that scale ?

We were migrating from a Toshiba digital system to VoIP in phases. I

had 4 PRIs between the systems and 5 PRIs to the phone company. It's

running on a Dell R710 with two Intel E5520 quad cores and 6GB of

memory. The hardware is probably overkill, but dual processors are

cheap compared to PRI cards. During the middle of the day we average

50-60 concurrent calls with around 4,000 calls per day. System load

stays right around 1.00.

Ryan

Hi

I get* anaconda.log:23:07:59 DEBUG** : ignoring driverless device Sangoma Technologies Corp. A200/Remora FXO/FXS Analog AFT card

Linux asterisk 2.6.18-194.11.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Aug 10 19:05:06 EDT 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
lspci | grep sangoma does not return anything

Please suggest further.

Thanks

Kaushal

Please suggest further

Old 04-13-2011, 06:47 PM

Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 11:34 PM, Ryan Wagoner <rswagoner@gmail.com>
> wrote:

<snip>>
> I get anaconda.log:23:07:59 DEBUG : ignoring driverless device Sangoma
> Technologies Corp. A200/Remora FXO/FXS Analog AFT card
> Linux asterisk 2.6.18-194.11.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Aug 10 19:05:06 EDT 2010
> x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
> lspci | grep sangoma does not return anything
>
> Please suggest further.

You need to contact the vendor and ask them for a driver for the card.
anaconda's *telling* you that it has no driver for the card, at least as
far as I can tell.

mark