-   -   virtmanager and selinux -- solved (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/513411-virtmanager-selinux-solved.html)

Negative 04-12-2011 11:31 PM

virtmanager and selinux -- solved

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Negative <negativebinomial@gmail.com> wrote:

I built a new VM under KVM today and I've been getting* a slew of message that selinux is blocking virtmanager from reading the new image. This doesn't seem to be doing any harm, but I wanted to check whether I should simply run chcon on the image (if I can).

Virtmanager show up as usr_t, as do my other vm images, but the new one is svirt_image_t.

The selinux error says it denied a read access to virtmanager but that it is not expected that the access is required.*

I tried running restorecon as root, as suggested by the selinux error, but I'm getting a permission-denied error there. (It tries to set the context to usr_t)

Thanks in advance

My bad. I had to shut down the vm and quit virtmanager before I could run chcon. It's ok now.

*