-   -   changing column widths in "top"? (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/513366-changing-column-widths-top.html)

"Smithies, Russell" 04-12-2011 09:10 PM

changing column widths in "top"?

Not specifically a Centos question but does anyone know how to change the column widths in "top"?
I'm in the unique position where I need to be able to see more than 9999.0% CPU :-)

Thanx,

Russell
sender immediately.

John R Pierce 04-12-2011 09:27 PM

On 04/12/11 2:10 PM, Smithies, Russell wrote:
> Not specifically a Centos question but does anyone know how to change the column widths in "top"?
> I'm in the unique position where I need to be able to see more than 9999.0% CPU :-)

probably have to hack the source :-/

"Smithies, Russell" 04-12-2011 09:35 PM

changing column widths in "top"?

Thought as much :-(
Atop seems to display much better, currently running at 12728% CPU :-)

--Russell

Lucian 04-12-2011 09:40 PM

changing column widths in "top"?

On Tue, Apr 12, 2011 at 10:35 PM, Smithies, Russell
<Russell.Smithies@agresearch.co.nz> wrote:
> Thought as much :-(
> Atop seems to display much better, currently running at 12728% CPU :-)

Give htop a try as well; it's in EPEL AFAIK.