Old 04-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Scott Silva

Default Just a question about the Announce List

Did the Announce go out for CentOS 5.6, or are people just jumping the gun?
If it went out, I missed it, and need to look at my spam filters.

If it hasn't gone out yet, then maybe I'm OK...

See... No "is it ready" crap in here!

Old 04-11-2011, 09:12 PM
William Hooper

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Scott Silva <ssilva@sgvwater.com> wrote:
> Did the Announce go out for CentOS 5.6, or are people just jumping the gun?
> If it went out, I missed it, and need to look at my spam filters.
>
> If it hasn't gone out yet, then maybe I'm OK...
>
> See... No "is it ready" crap in here!

It went out:

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-April/017282.html

You might want to log into Mailman and check your filters. When I
didn't get it, I noticed that there was a filter for (IIRC) "Centos-5"
that I didn't have checked in mailman.

--
William Hooper

Old 04-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Robert Heller

> Did the Announce go out for CentOS 5.6, or are people just jumping the gun?
> If it went out, I missed it, and need to look at my spam filters.

It went out.

Old 04-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Scott Silva

on 4/11/2011 2:12 PM William Hooper spake the following:
> On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 5:07 PM, Scott Silva <ssilva@sgvwater.com> wrote:
>> Did the Announce go out for CentOS 5.6, or are people just jumping the gun?
>> If it went out, I missed it, and need to look at my spam filters.
>>
>> If it hasn't gone out yet, then maybe I'm OK...
>>
>> See... No "is it ready" crap in here!
>
> It went out:
>
> http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos-announce/2011-April/017282.html
>
> You might want to log into Mailman and check your filters. When I
> didn't get it, I noticed that there was a filter for (IIRC) "Centos-5"
> that I didn't have checked in mailman.

Thank you... I did for some reason have the base announcements cleared. All
fixed for the next one! I don't see one for base Centos 6 announcements yet,
just arch filters...

Old 04-12-2011, 01:36 AM
Stephen Harris

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 05:12:30PM -0400, William Hooper wrote:
> You might want to log into Mailman and check your filters. When I
> didn't get it, I noticed that there was a filter for (IIRC) "Centos-5"
> that I didn't have checked in mailman.

Yeah; if you're subscribed to the i386 list then you won't have seen
it; only if you subscribe to C5 itself.

Which explains why I've missed a lot of announcements!

--

rgds
Stephen