Old 04-11-2011, 12:44 AM
Jerry Geis

Default firefox slow on 5.6

I have updated to 5.6 - GREAT job guys...

when I do "host slashdot.org" for example it comes back immediately.
when I enter slashdot.org on firefox it says "Looking up slashdot.org"
for a LONG time like 15 or 20 seconds
before continuing.

I have set network.dns.disableIPv6 true.

Any idea why firefox is so slow?

Jerry

Old 04-11-2011, 01:31 PM
Jerry Geis

Jerry Geis wrote:
> I have updated to 5.6 - GREAT job guys...
>
> when I do "host slashdot.org" for example it comes back immediately.
> when I enter slashdot.org on firefox it says "Looking up slashdot.org"
> for a LONG time like 15 or 20 seconds
> before continuing.
>
> I have set network.dns.disableIPv6 true.
>
> Any idea why firefox is so slow?
>
> Jerry

Apparently directly editing the prefs.js was not good enough. I found
again where about:config on the address line
gets me the settings, and sure enough ipv6 was not disabled. I disabled
it and now its fast again.

Jerry