-   -   Centos 5.6 and httpd (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/512470-centos-5-6-httpd.html)

"Gregory P. Ennis" 04-10-2011 08:04 PM

Centos 5.6 and httpd

A problem with httpd on 5.6

I have three Centos machines that were automatically upgraded from 5.5.
to 5.6. Everything appears to be running perfect except httpd had
stopped delivering web service on all three machines. I did a cursive
look to see if there had been a reported bug and found :

http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4796

When I changed :

chown root.apache /etc/httpd/alias/*.db
chmod 0640 /etc/httpd/alias/*.db

The problem was fixed on all three machines.

Greg Ennis

Steve Thompson 04-10-2011 08:20 PM

Centos 5.6 and httpd

On Sun, 10 Apr 2011, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:

> A problem with httpd on 5.6
> [...]
> chown root.apache /etc/httpd/alias/*.db
> chmod 0640 /etc/httpd/alias/*.db

I had to make the same changes.

Steve

Ljubomir Ljubojevic 04-10-2011 08:24 PM

Centos 5.6 and httpd

Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> A problem with httpd on 5.6
>
> I have three Centos machines that were automatically upgraded from 5.5.
> to 5.6. Everything appears to be running perfect except httpd had
> stopped delivering web service on all three machines. I did a cursive
> look to see if there had been a reported bug and found :
>
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=4796
>
> When I changed :
>
> chown root.apache /etc/httpd/alias/*.db
> chmod 0640 /etc/httpd/alias/*.db
>
> The problem was fixed on all three machines.
>
> Greg Ennis

Thanks for heads-up.

Ljubomir