Old 04-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Kai Schaetzl

Default Mirrors

I noticed that I didn't get any of the 5.6 updates rsynced yet, so I
checked my mirror and then the mirrors list. This mirror is indeed not on
the list anymore and also not on the status page. However, I see other
mirrors still on the list that are lagging for days. And I see that this
mirror has a full 5.6 directory (maybe not complete, though, but quite
full). I don't see any removal announcement about it on centos-mirror
either.
So, I'm wondering if this mirror is now a mirror or not or if it has just
fallen off the list somehow?
Talking of: ftp://rsync.hrz.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/centos/

I also notice that /5 is a directory and not a symlink as 4 and 3 are. But
this is the same on mirror.centos.org. Why isn't it a symlink?

Kai

Old 05-31-2012, 07:19 AM
"P .NIKOLIC"

Hi ..

I am getting lots of errors from the mirror.lividpenguin.com stating
: Given file does not exist is this mirror having problems or should
i remove it from my mirrors list this has been an issue for best part
of a week now

Pete .

--
Linux 7-of-9 3.3.7-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue May 22 00:26:26 CEST 2012
x86_64 GNU/Linux

Old 05-31-2012, 07:33 AM
Leonidas Spyropoulos

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 8:19 AM, P .NIKOLIC <p.nikolic1@btinternet.com> wrote:

> Hi ..
>
> I am getting lots of errors from the *mirror.lividpenguin.com * stating
> *: Given file does not exist * is this mirror having problems or should
> *i remove it from my mirrors list *this has been an issue for best part
> *of a week now

Hello Pete,

Maybe your chosen mirros is down or slow. Try one of the others:
http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/

Hope you solve it.

L.

--
Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.

#include <stdio.h>
int main(){printf("%s","x4cx65x6fx6ex69x64x61x73");}

Old 05-31-2012, 09:34 AM
"P .NIKOLIC"

On Thu, 31 May 2012 08:33:46 +0100
Leonidas Spyropoulos <artafinde@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 8:19 AM, P .NIKOLIC
> >
> > Hi ..
> >
> > I am getting lots of errors from the *mirror.lividpenguin.com
> > stating : Given file does not exist * is this mirror having
> > problems or should i remove it from my mirrors list *this has been
> > an issue for best part of a week now
>
> Hello Pete,
>
> Maybe your chosen mirros is down or slow. Try one of the others:
> http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/
>
> Hope you solve it.
>
> L.
>

> > Pete .
> >
> > --
> > Linux 7-of-9 3.3.7-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Tue May 22 00:26:26 CEST
> > 2012 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Hi L

ok thanks thought there may be a problem that one was always
lightening fast for me so hope it is back soon

Pete .

Old 05-31-2012, 11:16 AM
gt

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:34:05AM +0100, P .NIKOLIC wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2012 08:33:46 +0100
> Leonidas Spyropoulos <artafinde@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 8:19 AM, P .NIKOLIC
> > >
> > > Hi ..
> > >
> > > I am getting lots of errors from the *mirror.lividpenguin.com
> > > stating : Given file does not exist * is this mirror having
> > > problems or should i remove it from my mirrors list *this has been
> > > an issue for best part of a week now
> >
> > Hello Pete,
> >
> > Maybe your chosen mirros is down or slow. Try one of the others:
> > http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/
> >
> > Hope you solve it.
> >
> > L.
>
> Hi L
>
> ok thanks thought there may be a problem that one was always
> lightening fast for me so hope it is back soon

The url leonidas posted also keeps a log of the problamatic mirrors.

Scroll to the bottom to see "Mirror Syncing Error Log" section.

You can find your lividpenguin mirror mentioned there too. So whenever
you have mirror problems, always first refer to that page.

Old 05-31-2012, 01:38 PM
"P .NIKOLIC"

On Thu, 31 May 2012 16:46:36 +0530
gt <static.vortex@gmx.com> wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 10:34:05AM +0100, P .NIKOLIC wrote:
> > On Thu, 31 May 2012 08:33:46 +0100
> > Leonidas Spyropoulos <artafinde@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 8:19 AM, P .NIKOLIC

> > > Hello Pete,
> > >
> > > Maybe your chosen mirros is down or slow. Try one of the others:
> > > http://www.archlinux.org/mirrors/status/
> > >
> > > Hope you solve it.
> > >
> > > L.
> >
> > Hi L
> >
> > ok thanks thought there may be a problem that one was always
> > lightening fast for me so hope it is back soon
>
> The url leonidas posted also keeps a log of the problamatic mirrors.
>
> Scroll to the bottom to see "Mirror Syncing Error Log" section.
>
> You can find your lividpenguin mirror mentioned there too. So whenever
> you have mirror problems, always first refer to that page.

Ok Thanks i will bookmark that one then and remember to keep an eye on
it

Pete .