Old 02-17-2011, 02:06 PM
Kwan Lowe

Default Looping Device unmounting problem

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 8:36 AM, dixan rodriges <dixan23@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>

> I have created* 252 loop devices in my system and i mounted few iso filses
> into loop devices .when i rebooting the system error showing "faild to
> umount "
>

> how can forcefully umount the loop device

Not specific to loopback devices, but in some cases I use fuser to
kill all procs associated with a mount... You may also need to remount
it as read-only before unmounting and maybe use the -nr option to
umount.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Robert Heller

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 8:36 AM, dixan rodriges <dixan23@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Dear All,
> >

> > I have createdÂ* 252 loop devices in my system and i mounted few iso filses
> > into loop devices .when i rebooting the system error showing "faild to
> > umount "
> >

> > how can forcefully umount the loop device
>
> Not specific to loopback devices, but in some cases I use fuser to
> kill all procs associated with a mount... You may also need to remount
> it as read-only before unmounting and maybe use the -nr option to
> umount.

Note: ISO9660 file systems (CD/DVD images) can only be mounted
read-only. If the OP is mounting CD/DVD ROM image ISO files, they
already will be mounted read-only.