Old 02-17-2011, 03:59 AM
Mark

Default some think there are no unemployed OSS folks

This whole discussion is off-topic and getting to be really annoying.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:42 AM
Karanbir Singh

On 02/17/2011 04:59 AM, Mark wrote:
> This whole discussion is off-topic and getting to be really annoying.

yes, please take it to somewhere more appropriate.

- KB

Old 02-17-2011, 09:25 AM
Kai Schaetzl

Can you please stop this? You are creating new thread after new thread
from old threads I wasn't interested in and set to ignore. Now you create
them as new threads, so I have to ignore these as well. This grows
annoying. Put together with your habit of off-topic posting YOU get
annoying. Thanks.

Kai

Old 02-17-2011, 01:27 PM
Larry Vaden

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 4:25 AM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists@conactive.com> wrote:
> Can you please stop this? You are creating new thread after new thread
> from old threads I wasn't interested in and set to ignore. Now you create
> them as new threads, so I have to ignore these as well. This grows
> annoying. Put together with your habit of off-topic posting YOU get
> annoying. Thanks.

I am sorry (for you) to hear that you are tool-challenged to the
extent that you can not select what you want to read.

There are tools for that, perhaps even meds for that.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:31 PM
"Scot P. Floess"

Gentleman:

Can we all just get along? I love reading this list and posting my own
questions as well... But really - is this helping anyone?

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011, Larry Vaden wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 4:25 AM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists@conactive.com> wrote:
>> Can you please stop this? You are creating new thread after new thread
>> from old threads I wasn't interested in and set to ignore. Now you create
>> them as new threads, so I have to ignore these as well. This grows
>> annoying. Put together with your habit of off-topic posting YOU get
>> annoying. Thanks.
>
> I am sorry (for you) to hear that you are tool-challenged to the
> extent that you can not select what you want to read.
>
> There are tools for that, perhaps even meds for that.

Scot P. Floess

RHCT (Certificate Number 605010084735240)

Chief Architect FlossWare http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
http://flossware.sourceforge.net
https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare

Chief Architect JPlate http://sourceforge.net/projects/jplate
Chief Architect Keros http://sourceforge.net/projects/keros

Old 02-17-2011, 02:41 PM

Scot P. Floess wrote:

> Gentleman:
>
> Can we all just get along? I love reading this list and posting my own
> questions as well... But really - is this helping anyone?

I've done occasional OT posts, but I stop - this set of threads has been
going on all week, I think, or was it since last Friday.

Please take it offlist. In the past, I've occasionally done that, rather
than keep OT stuff in an inappropriate forum.

mark (not a gentleman, neither by breeding, nor Act of Congress - <g>)

Old 02-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Larry Vaden

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Scot P. Floess <sfloess@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Can we all just get along? *I love reading this list and posting my own
> questions as well... *But really - is this helping anyone?

We were taught by our Rhodes scholar debate mentor to refute untruths
and that is what I did.

Old 02-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Rudi Ahlers

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Larry Vaden <vaden@texoma.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 4:25 AM, Kai Schaetzl <maillists@conactive.com> wrote:
>> Can you please stop this? You are creating new thread after new thread
>> from old threads I wasn't interested in and set to ignore. Now you create
>> them as new threads, so I have to ignore these as well. This grows
>> annoying. Put together with your habit of off-topic posting YOU get
>> annoying. Thanks.
>
> I am sorry (for you) to hear that you are tool-challenged to the
> extent that you can not select what you want to read.
>
> There are tools for that, perhaps even meds for that.

I'm sure many people won't mind if you get banned from this list. Stop
this stupid OT stuff. If you have something against FOSS, then go and
tell you M$ buddies, I'm sure they'll enjoy this kind of childishness.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com
Technical Blog: http://Blog.SoftDux.com
Office: 087 805 9573
Cell: 082 554 7532

Old 02-17-2011, 02:55 PM
"Brunner, Brian T."

Temperance being a virtue (in moderation at least):
Refute untruths that are pertinent to CentOS on the CentOS list, refute other untruths in private conversation or on other lists.

This list has a long-term objective: To be a search/query archive for people trying to solve problems with their CentOS systems. The lower the signal/noise ratio, the less useful our conversation here. Please respond on this list to messages on this list with this in mind.

//me

Old 02-17-2011, 02:57 PM
"Scot P. Floess"

Sure - I get it... But any prolonged debate - just address those
concerns/issues with that person...

I hate to say it, but I suspect either nobody cares or just doesn't want
to hear it...

Remember, I responded to you directly about an earlier post as I didn't
feel it added any value to this mailing list. This is exactly what I
meant and why...

On Thu, 17 Feb 2011, Larry Vaden wrote:

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 9:31 AM, Scot P. Floess <sfloess@nc.rr.com> wrote:

Can we all just get along? *I love reading this list and posting my own
questions as well... *But really - is this helping anyone?

We were taught by our Rhodes scholar debate mentor to refute untruths
and that is what I did.

Scot P. Floess

RHCT (Certificate Number 605010084735240)

Chief Architect FlossWare http://sourceforge.net/projects/flossware
http://flossware.sourceforge.net
https://github.com/organizations/FlossWare

Chief Architect JPlate http://sourceforge.net/projects/jplate