Old 02-16-2011, 06:24 PM
"Ben Mohilef"

Default Flash No Longer Supported on RHEL 4

From RHSA Announce:

[RHSA-2011:0259-01] Critical: flash-plugin - 1-Month End Of Life Notice

> The flash-plugin package on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 contains multiple
> security flaws and should no longer be used. This is the 1-month
> notification of Red Hat's plans to disable Adobe Flash Player 9 on Red Hat
> Enterprise Linux 4.
>
> The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having critical
> security impact.

Adobe's security caveats apply to Linux as well as Windows.

regards,

benm

**

Old 02-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Sven Aluoor

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Ben Mohilef <benm@dsl-only.net> wrote:
> From RHSA Announce:
> [RHSA-2011:0259-01] Critical: flash-plugin - 1-Month End Of Life Notice
>
>> The flash-plugin package on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 contains multiple
>> security flaws and should no longer be used. This is the 1-month
>> notification of Red Hat's plans to disable Adobe Flash Player 9 on Red Hat
>> Enterprise Linux 4.
>>
>> The Red Hat Security Response Team has rated this update as having
>> critical
>> security impact.

Nice to see Red Hat partially following Apple's war against flash ;-)
I personally hate this flash crap (not only because of security
reasons).

cheers Sven