Old 02-16-2011, 06:10 PM

Default apache 2 and php 5.2

I just googled httpd php.conf linux, thinking that you might need one in
/etc/httpd/conf.d/, and found this. You can skip the how-to-build part,
but it mentions a number of other steps, such as:
cp -p php.ini-recommended /usr/local/apache/php/php.ini

<http://dan.drydog.com/apache2php.html>

Hope you find this useful.

mark

Old 02-16-2011, 06:14 PM
Keith Roberts

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Paul A wrote:

> From: Paul A <razor@meganet.net>
> Subject: [CentOS] apache 2 and php 5.2
>
> Hi originally I installed php 4 on centos 5.5 and then a
> few repos including the remi repo to upgrade to php5,
> which seems to upgrade/work without any issues.

It might be worth removing all php packages, and doing a
fresh install of php 5. Is that too much trouble?

Start with a clean slate, so to speak?

Kind Regards,

Keith

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.php-debuggers.net
http://www.raised-from-the-dead.org.uk

TMDA [http://tmda.net]

Old 02-16-2011, 06:51 PM
Keith Roberts

On Wed, 16 Feb 2011, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:

> From: m.roth@5-cent.us
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] apache 2 and php 5.2
>
> I just googled httpd php.conf linux, thinking that you might need one in
> /etc/httpd/conf.d/, and found this. You can skip the how-to-build part,
> but it mentions a number of other steps, such as:
> cp -p php.ini-recommended /usr/local/apache/php/php.ini

/usr/local/whatever is the default location for installing
apache and php if you compile it yourself from upstream
source, without specifying a --prefix="/path/to/install/to"
to the ./configure command.

Here is an example configure script for php:

#! /bin/sh
#
# Created by configure

'./configure'
'--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache-2.2.6/bin/apxs'
'--prefix=/usr/local/php-5.2.4'
'--bindir=/usr/local/bin'
'--enable-shared=all'
'--without-pear'
'--with-mysql=shared'
'--with-mysql-sock=/var/lib/databases/mysql/mysql.sock'
'--with-mysqli=shared'
'--with-pgsql=/usr/local/postgresql-8.2.5/bin'
'--with-xsl'
'--with-zlib-dir=/usr/include'
'--with-readline'
"$@"

That would then put php.ini into
/usr/local/php-5.2.4/lib/php.ini

See my guide on the homepage of www.php-debuggers.net for
some more help.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Keith Roberts

On Tue, 15 Feb 2011, Paul A wrote:

> From: Paul A <razor@meganet.net>
> Subject: [CentOS] apache 2 and php 5.2
>
> Hi originally I installed php 4 on centos 5.5 and then a few repos including
> the remi repo to upgrade to php5, which seems to upgrade/work without any
> issues.
>
> However when I make a change to the /etc/php.ini file it doesn't look like
> apache is seeing it, for example if I change the post_max_size and
> upload_max_file to 25M each apache still sees the default 2M. I also removed
> the /etc/php.ini file and apache is able to start with no problems and it
> will still see the default 2M.

> php --ini
>
> PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
> '/usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_odbc.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/pdo_odbc.so:
> undefined symbol: php_pdo_get_dbh_ce in Unknown on line 0

This could indicate a conflict in the installation - the
fact that PHP is looking for a missing library file.

I'm sure your installation of PHP and/or apache is trashed

It's *easy done* when mixing repos, if you don't take great
care with your yum priorities.

Do you have multiple versions of apache packages installed
somehow?