-   -   install 5.5 x86-64 on DL320 G6 (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/489751-install-5-5-x86-64-dl320-g6.html)

Jerry Geis 02-15-2011 04:12 PM

install 5.5 x86-64 on DL320 G6

I am trying to install on a DL320 proliant.
The disk is not being recognized. It fails when setting up disk with "no
devices" found.
I dont get an sda or cciss either one.

I tried to disable the on board smart array controller? That didnt seem
to make a difference.

Is there something special I need to do?

Thanks,

jerry

Alan Hodgson 02-15-2011 04:22 PM

install 5.5 x86-64 on DL320 G6

On February 15, 2011 09:12:07 am Jerry Geis wrote:
> I am trying to install on a DL320 proliant.
> The disk is not being recognized. It fails when setting up disk with "no
> devices" found.
> I dont get an sda or cciss either one.
>
> I tried to disable the on board smart array controller? That didnt seem
> to make a difference.
>
> Is there something special I need to do?

drivers?

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3929673 &prodTypeId=15351&prodSeriesId=3929672&swLang=8&ta skId=135&swEnvOID=4004#113214

Kai Schaetzl 02-15-2011 04:25 PM

install 5.5 x86-64 on DL320 G6

Jerry Geis wrote on Tue, 15 Feb 2011 12:12:07 -0500:

> I tried to disable the on board smart array controller? That didnt seem
> to make a difference.

Then you use a controller on card? If not, you cannot disable this one ;-)
Did you configure an array? If not: do!

Kai