Old 02-15-2011, 02:02 PM
ann kok

Default DRBD question

Hi

Anyone experienced in DRBD

ls it good in using mysql redundant?

What is it best to use?

Thank you

Old 02-15-2011, 02:18 PM
"Brunner, Brian T."

> -----Original Message-----
> From: centos-bounces@centos.org
> [mailto:centos-bounces@centos.org] On Behalf Of ann kok
> Sent: Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:03 AM
> To: centos@centos.org
> Subject: [CentOS] DRBD question
>
> Hi
>
> Anyone experienced in DRBD

Is this a CentOS question, or a data base language question?
What mailing-list or news group is the best choice for this question?

> ls it good in using mysql redundant?

This is *clearly* a database-oriented question, not a question of (e.g.)
which versions of DRDB or MySQL is found on CentOS 5.5 vs CentOS 5.6,
and what problems arise from migrating versions on a CentOS platform.

> What is it best to use?

Why brain not work?
Several times now, you have asked questions, and each time you get
(politely) sent to some other list.
You continue here (which is not bad) asking questions that belong
elsewhere (which is annoying) without learning from us to ask (here)
questions that have anything to do with CentOS at all (and that's bad).

> Thank you

Please bring CentOS questions here, please go elsewhere with others.

//me

Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 PM
John Doe

From: ann kok <oiyankok@yahoo.ca>

> Anyone experienced in DRBD
> ls it good in using mysql redundant?
> What is it best to use?

Maybe check http://mysql-mmm.org/

JD

Old 02-15-2011, 02:54 PM
Les Mikesell

On 2/15/2011 9:18 AM, Brunner, Brian T. wrote:

>> Anyone experienced in DRBD
>
> Is this a CentOS question, or a data base language question?
> What mailing-list or news group is the best choice for this question?

DRBD is closer to an OS-related topic than a database... You could go
to the HA-Linux list, but the advice that you'll get there is to use
newer versions of things than you'll find in Centos.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com

Old 02-15-2011, 04:05 PM
Johnny Hughes

On 02/15/2011 09:02 AM, ann kok wrote:
> Hi
>
> Anyone experienced in DRBD

Sort of ...

> ls it good in using mysql redundant?

I use DRBD to keep whole servers redundant ... one of the things it
keeps redundant is mysql.

If the machine was only a database server I would likely do it
differently ... but it does work with minimal downtime (the time
required to start the service on the other machine).

> What is it best to use?

Depends on your goal ... what DRBD is great at is replicating all the
services on a server to fail over to another machine if server 1 dies
for some reason.

If that is what you are looking for it will work OK. If you would like
some load balancing and other stuff too, DRBD is not what you are
looking for.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:46 AM
Indunil Jayasooriya

Anyone experienced in DRBD