Old 02-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Akemi Yagi

Default Any update on 5.6 / 6?

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny@centos.org> wrote:

> SHUT UP

Where are you, Evolution? CentOS needs you once again. You can come
out now from your hiding place [1].

Akemi

[1] http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2007-February/033406.html

Old 02-22-2011, 03:23 PM
Larry Vaden

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Johnny Hughes <johnny@centos.org> wrote:

> This is the last post I am making to this thread ... and maybe to this
> list in general. *During the build processes, here are the files that we
> have had to add (at various times) to get packages to build. *I have no
> idea if this list is current (we first try to build without add anything
> and test it), then we add packages if the testing says we need to.

A California saying is that "you are only as good as your last load.".

That was a VERY GOOD LOAD, Johnny. The community thanks you.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:25 PM
"Brunner, Brian T."

This link points to a post in which was a link to the CentOS goals.
The first part of the CentOS goals should read:

We strive to present to the world a BUG-FOR-BUG-IDENTICAL distribution
of the corresponding RHEL release.
- We remove copywrite-protected materials if we do not have the consent
of the copywrite holder.
- We remove trademarked and patented content for which we do not have
consent of the owners thereof.
- We re-compile the sources after the above two modifications.
- - Source and object "packages" are available independently from the
CentOS repository for access by yum, curl, wget, and similar
package-at-a-time downloading.
- - Bootable installation CDs and DVDs are also available.
- - CentOS does not charge for access to the above packages, and does
not make and mail copies of the isos.
- We also point the world to the centosplus repository, see
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories/CentOSPlus

Old 02-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Corey Quinn

Old 02-22-2011, 03:43 PM
Lamar Owen

On Tuesday, February 22, 2011 11:25:45 am Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
> We strive to present to the world a BUG-FOR-BUG-IDENTICAL distribution
> of the corresponding RHEL release.

That's pretty well covered by the line on that page saying: "Under normal circumstances CentOS will NOT add patches to original upstream source packages."

Old 02-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Larry Vaden

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 10:41 AM, Corey Quinn <corey@sequestered.net> wrote:

> The metaphor is "Only as good as your last game."
>
> What part of California are YOU from? :-)

An OKie by birth, this CentOS community member of lowest possible rank
lived at least five years each in West Germany and SoCal