Old 02-14-2011, 06:34 PM
"Smithies, Russell"

Default Virtualization supporting 1000Mbps nics?

I’ve got xen-3.0.3-105.el5_5.5 running on Centos 5.5
and all is running smooth but I notice that any VMs running under it only have
access to Realtek RTL8139C at 100 Mbps nics.

We have 4 x 1G nics configured in a port channel so I’d
really like to be able to give my VMs 1000Mbps nics.

Does anyone know if this is possible and how to do it?

If not, does KVM support faster nics because at this point
it would be fairly simple to change.

*

Thanx,

*

Russell Smithies

*

Attention: The information contained in this
message and/or attachments from AgResearch Limited is intended only for the
persons or entities to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipients is prohibited by AgResearch Limited.
immediately.

*