Old 02-14-2011, 03:28 PM
James Chase

Default Are some CentOS package out of date compared to RH?

According to the RH5 Errata, the most recent package for
scsi-target-utils is scsi-target-utils-1.0.8-0.el5.x86_64.rpm

However the latest update via yum on CentOS is labeled
scsi-target-utils-0.0-6.20091205snap.el5_5.3

Additionally, the package info says it is not compatible with iSCSI yet,
which is false! There were some critical updates for this package
according to RedHat, so how can I be sure that I am at the correct
version? In looking at some other packages on my CentOS system, like
httpd, I am noticing they are also out of date in regards to Red Hat
updates. Is this common?

Name : scsi-target-utils
Arch : x86_64
Version : 0.0
Release : 6.20091205snap.el5_5.3
Size : 143 k
Repo : updates
setup a
: SCSI targets. Currently, software iSCSI targets are supported.

Old 02-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Nicolas Thierry-Mieg

James Chase wrote:
> According to the RH5 Errata, the most recent package for
> scsi-target-utils is scsi-target-utils-1.0.8-0.el5.x86_64.rpm
>
> However the latest update via yum on CentOS is labeled
> scsi-target-utils-0.0-6.20091205snap.el5_5.3

probably due to the fact that centos 5.6 hasn't been released yet, any
packages released by RH in 5.6 and afterwards aren't in centos yet.

Old 02-14-2011, 05:02 PM
James Chase

> probably due to the fact that centos 5.6 hasn't been released yet, any
> packages released by RH in 5.6 and afterwards aren't in centos yet.
Looks like you are correct -- I didn't realize RH5.6 had been released.
Thanks for that.