Old 02-14-2011, 10:43 AM
erikmccaskey64

Default sandboxie like application for CentOS?

http://www.filehippo.com/download_sandboxie/
It's a great application [ for windows... : ]
Are there any programs under CentOS, that has the ~same features?
To be specific: The user could launch a program [e.g.: Google Chrome] inside this sandbox, and when he/she exits Google Chrome, all the changes that Google Chrome did is "undoed". + Google Chrome is in a sandbox, so it can't "see"/read the files of the user!
Thanks for any tips, link, opinions!_________________________________________ ______
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org

Old 02-14-2011, 11:13 AM
Karanbir Singh

Hi,

On 02/14/2011 11:43 AM, erikmccaskey64 wrote:
> Are there any programs under CentOS, that has the ~same features?

I dont use or know about windows, but doing chroots - even for specific
user cases isnt hard. If you are going to be doing lots of them, make
sure there is a local mirror and yum --installroot with a few bits from
/dev being cp'ind into the right place is about all one needs to create
an isolated environ.

if its just a case of running apps, this would be all one needs.

- KB

Old 02-14-2011, 12:33 PM
Les Mikesell

On 2/14/11 5:43 AM, erikmccaskey64 wrote:

> http://www.filehippo.com/download_sandboxie/
>
> It's a great application [ for windows... : ]
>
> Are there any programs under CentOS, that has the ~same features?
>
> To be specific: The user could launch a program [e.g.: Google Chrome] inside
> this sandbox, and when he/she exits Google Chrome, all the changes that Google
> Chrome did is "undoed". + Google Chrome is in a sandbox, so it can't "see"/read
> the files of the user!
>
> Thanks for any tips, link, opinions!

On a somewhat larger scale you can use VMware server (and maybe player) to make
a completely different operating system in a virtual machine and one of the
options is to make a disk image snapshot and revert to that snapshot when rebooted.

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com