Old 02-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Bruce Ferrell

Default Looking for back versions of centos 3

so far all the mirrors I've checked have 3.9 in the directory for 3.x

Can anyone tell me how to get back versions? I'm looking for 3.4 or 3.5

Thanks in advance

Bruce Ferrell

Old 02-13-2011, 12:27 PM
Alexander Dalloz

Am 13.02.2011 14:25, schrieb Bruce Ferrell:
> so far all the mirrors I've checked have 3.9 in the directory for 3.x
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get back versions? I'm looking for 3.4 or 3.5
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Bruce Ferrell

http://vault.centos.org/

Alexander

Old 02-13-2011, 02:22 PM
Nico Kadel-Garcia

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Bruce Ferrell <bferrell@baywinds.org> wrote:
> so far all the mirrors I've checked have 3.9 in the directory for 3.x
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get back versions? *I'm looking for 3.4 or 3.5
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Bruce Ferrell

Bruce, *why*? Given that RHEL 3 was published in 1003, the codebase is
over 7 years old, and even the commercial RHEL 3 is now on life
support for extended support contracts. Are you looking for something
specific?

Old 02-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Ross Walker

On Feb 13, 2011, at 10:22 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Bruce Ferrell <bferrell@baywinds.org> wrote:
>> so far all the mirrors I've checked have 3.9 in the directory for 3.x
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how to get back versions? I'm looking for 3.4 or 3.5
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>> Bruce Ferrell
>
> Bruce, *why*? Given that RHEL 3 was published in 1003, the codebase is
> over 7 years old, and even the commercial RHEL 3 is now on life
> support for extended support contracts. Are you looking for something
> specific?

Wow 1007 years old, that's some old code, was it chiseled in stone?

-Ross

Old 02-14-2011, 02:07 AM
Nico Kadel-Garcia

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Ross Walker <rswwalker@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 13, 2011, at 10:22 AM, Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Bruce Ferrell <bferrell@baywinds.org> wrote:
>>> so far all the mirrors I've checked have 3.9 in the directory for 3.x
>>>
>>> Can anyone tell me how to get back versions? *I'm looking for 3.4 or 3.5
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>>
>>> Bruce Ferrell
>>
>> Bruce, *why*? Given that RHEL 3 was published in 1003, the codebase is
>> over 7 years old, and even the commercial RHEL 3 is now on life
>> support for extended support contracts. Are you looking for something
>> specific?
>
> Wow 1007 years old, that's some old code, was it chiseled in stone?
>
> -Ross

Hey, silicon is silicon.....

Old 02-14-2011, 05:23 AM
Bruce Ferrell

> On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Ross Walker <rswwalker@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Bruce, *why*? Given that RHEL 3 was published in 1003, the codebase is
>>> over 7 years old, and even the commercial RHEL 3 is now on life
>>> support for extended support contracts. Are you looking for something
>>> specific?
>>>
>> Wow 1007 years old, that's some old code, was it chiseled in stone?
>>
>> -Ross
>>
> Hey, silicon is silicon.....

Yeah, I'm rebuilding a server with Oracle RAC and I wasn't sure exactly
what version of RedHat was used to build it originally. Centos 5.5
results in the external iscsi volumes being improperly sized. It turns
out Centos 3.5 works. Once, many years ago, someone told me he wouldn't
tackle a job he was 100 percent sure of. This is one of those so I'm
doing this very gingerly to avoide losing the DB on the raw disk

Old 02-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Bowie Bailey

On 2/14/2011 1:23 AM, Bruce Ferrell wrote:

> Yeah, I'm rebuilding a server with Oracle RAC and I wasn't sure exactly
> what version of RedHat was used to build it originally. Centos 5.5
> results in the external iscsi volumes being improperly sized. It turns
> out Centos 3.5 works. Once, many years ago, someone told me he wouldn't
> tackle a job he was 100 percent sure of. This is one of those so I'm
> doing this very gingerly to avoide losing the DB on the raw disk

If you are going with CentOS 3, you might as well go ahead and get 3.9.

3.5 + security updates = 3.9

--
Bowie

Old 02-17-2011, 03:55 PM
Scott Silva

on 2/16/2011 7:39 AM Bowie Bailey spake the following:
> On 2/14/2011 1:23 AM, Bruce Ferrell wrote:
>>
>> Yeah, I'm rebuilding a server with Oracle RAC and I wasn't sure exactly
>> what version of RedHat was used to build it originally. Centos 5.5
>> results in the external iscsi volumes being improperly sized. It turns
>> out Centos 3.5 works. Once, many years ago, someone told me he wouldn't
>> tackle a job he was 100 percent sure of. This is one of those so I'm
>> doing this very gingerly to avoide losing the DB on the raw disk
>
> If you are going with CentOS 3, you might as well go ahead and get 3.9.
>
> 3.5 + security updates = 3.9

And I would image all the raw drives before doing anything if you are not
sure... Just a precaution.