Old 02-12-2011, 08:43 PM
Alexander Dalloz

Default CentOS 64 bit php 5.2 huge problem

Am 12.02.2011 22:37, schrieb Peter Ivanov:

> Hi,

No top-posting please.

> thanks for your fast reply.

And you did not really read Johnny's reply ...

> I have all the modules in
>
> /use/lib64/php/modules/

... and neither the error messages.

> But they wont load
>
> Also i have all needed php packages,
>

> [root@host ~]# rpm -qa |grep php
> php-odbc-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
> php-mbstring-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
> php-cli-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
> php-xmlrpc-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
> php-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
> php-pgsql-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
> php-xml-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
> php-pear-1.8.1-2.el5.centos
> php-common-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
> php-mcrypt-5.2.9-2.el5.centos.3
> php-snmp-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
> php-gd-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
> php-pdo-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
> php-imap-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
> wbm-php-pear-1.5-1
> php-mysql-5.2.10-1.el5.centos
> php-devel-5.2.10-1.el5.centos

PHP is complaining about the missing libmysqlclient.so.15. I wonder how
you managed to install php-mysql without fulfilling the dependency.

yum provides */libmysqlclient.so.15

Alexander

Old 02-12-2011, 08:47 PM
Peter Ivanov

Hi Alex,

thnaks for the reply.

here is my output

[root@host ~]# yum provides */libmysqlclient.so.15

Loaded plugins: fastestmirror

** 5jpackage-generic: jpackage.netmindz.net

** addons: mirror.science.uottawa.ca

** base: centos.mirror.iweb.ca

** extras: centos.mirror.iweb.ca

** jpackage-generic: jpackage.netmindz.net

** updates: centos.mirror.iweb.ca

Reducing CentOS-5 Testing to included packages only

Finished

5jpackage-generic/filelists_db************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** **********************
;****************

addons/filelists***************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************&
nbsp;***************************

base/filelists_db************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ************************
***************************

c5-testing/filelists_db************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************
**********************

extras/filelists_db************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************&nbs
p;*************************

*****************

updates/filelists_db************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ***********************&nb
sp;************************

virtualmin/filelists***************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** ********************&nb
sp;************************

virtualmin-universal/filelists***************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *******************
;****************
| 887 kB**** 00:01

mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_4.2.x86_64 : MySQL client programs and shared
libraries

Repo******* : base

Matched from:

Filename*** : /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15

mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_4.2.i386 : MySQL client programs and shared libraries

Repo******* : base

Matched from:

Filename*** : /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15

mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_5.3.i386 : MySQL client programs and shared libraries

Repo******* : updates

Matched from:

Filename*** : /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15

mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_5.4.x86_64 : MySQL client programs and shared
libraries

Repo******* : updates

Matched from:

Filename*** : /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15

mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_5.3.x86_64 : MySQL client programs and shared
libraries

Repo******* : updates

Matched from:

Filename*** : /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15

mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_5.4.i386 : MySQL client programs and shared libraries

Repo******* : installed

Matched from:

Filename*** : /usr/lib64/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15

mysql-5.0.77-4.el5_5.4.i386 : MySQL client programs and shared
libraries.

Repo******* : installed

Matched from:

Filename*** : /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so.15

[root@host ~]#

The file

libmysqlclient.so.15
exist but for some reason PHP wont load it

Old 02-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Johnny Hughes

I never install i386 and x86_64 packages on my servers. Not saying that
is what is causing your issue, but I see you have both installed.

Is this on a real machine or a VPS with one of those stb type kernels?

Did this ever work or is this a new install?

Old 02-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Johnny Hughes

On 02/12/2011 04:13 PM, Johnny Hughes wrote:
> I never install i386 and x86_64 packages on my servers. Not saying that
> is what is causing your issue, but I see you have both installed.
>
> Is this on a real machine or a VPS with one of those stb type kernels?
>
> Did this ever work or is this a new install?

wbm-php-pear-1.5-1 <=== That is not part of CentOS

Old 02-12-2011, 09:18 PM
Peter Ivanov

HI,

this is a real machine and hew sites are down at the moment because of
this.

the server worked, but suddenly mysql connectivity dissapeared.

when i try to run any mysql related functionality if givem me the error:

Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

the php version was 5.1 (10 mins ago)

now i upgraded to php 5.2 but the problem stays

Old 02-12-2011, 09:21 PM
Peter Ivanov

This is Webmin,

i use webmin with centos

Old 02-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Lamar Owen

On Saturday, February 12, 2011 05:18:14 pm Peter Ivanov wrote:
> the server worked, but suddenly mysql connectivity dissapeared.

> when i try to run any mysql related functionality if givem me the error:
> Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Can you connect with the command line mysqlclient?

Something fishy is going on; something has changed in your setup, either in the mysql setup or in php.ini.

Googling the error message produces 126,000 hits (WITH quotes!). Lots of possibilities.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Peter Ivanov

HI Lamar,

thanks for the reply.

I can connect with the

mysqlclient

Old 02-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Peter Ivanov

Lamar Owen wrote:

the server worked, but suddenly mysql connectivity dissapeared.

when i try to run any mysql related functionality if givem me the error:
Call to undefined function mysql_connect()

Can you connect with the command line mysqlclient?

Something fishy is going on; something has changed in your setup, either in the mysql setup or in php.ini.

Googling the error message produces 126,000 hits (WITH quotes!). Lots of possibilities.

Here is my php ini file

http://pastebin.com/GpT2jpQH