Old 02-10-2011, 08:25 PM
Always Learning

Default Strange Kernel for Centos 5.5

One of my VPS stopped working. After the data centre replaced a disk
normal service resumed, then I notices this:

CentOS release 5.5 (Final)
Kernel 2.6.35.4 on an x86_64

I always thought Centos 5.x would always be on 2.6.18. Any thoughts?

Old 02-10-2011, 08:36 PM
"Brunner, Brian T."

uname -a should give the 2.6.18-xxx.y.z.el5 (with .centos.plus
optionally) or you're not running a RH/CentOS/SL kernel.

Check you /boot and grub.conf for whether you have the current kernel at
all
(2.6.18-194.32.1.el5.centos.plus in my case)