Old 02-10-2011, 06:49 PM

Default dhcp fail over

Hi all,

Few questions.

Does DHCP failover work with statically assigned nodes?

Seems like the failover statements only work in shared networks with
non bootp clients?

I'm assuming Centos 6 will have DHCP v4.2? Currently 5.5 ships with
v3.0.5b.

And will DHCP v4.X have easier failover implementation?

Thanks in advance,
- aurf

Old 02-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Peter Brady

On 10/02/11 11:49 AM, aurfalien@gmail.com wrote:
> Does DHCP failover work with statically assigned nodes?

I have it working. Have a very occasional problem with static addresses
on Windoze machines but I suspect that this is a Windoze driver problem
than DHCP.

Cheers
-pete