Old 02-10-2011, 01:48 PM
"Dvorkin, Asya"

Default Hyper-V template configuration

Hi everyone,

I've installed CentOS 5 on Hyper-V and finally got everything working.

I would like to setup a template, but google is failing me. Everything I read does not seem very promising when it comes to templates support with MS Hyper-V.

I was wondering if maybe someone here has successfully configured CentOS templates? I realize that VmWare is a lot better, but it's not a matter of choice at this point.

Thank you!
Asya

Old 02-11-2011, 03:48 AM
Lucian

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Dvorkin, Asya <dvorkias@umdnj.edu> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I've installed CentOS 5 on Hyper-V and finally got everything working.
>
> I would like to setup a template, but google is failing me. *Everything I read does not seem very promising when it comes to templates support with MS Hyper-V.
>
> I was wondering if maybe someone here has successfully configured CentOS templates? *I realize that VmWare is a lot better, but it's not a matter of choice at this point.

Asya,

I think you will have better luck on Microsoft mailing lists.

You should look into Xen or KVM, we may be able to help you install
Centos on those. Also, the ones I specified are free which should be
an advantage for your university.