Old 02-09-2011, 10:53 AM
Agnello George

Default rsync permission denied , without changing apache user and group setting

Hi

i got two server webserver1 and webserver2* i want to rsync some data form webserver1 to webserver2* using a user called syncuser

( syncuser is added to the group apache : adduser -G apache syncuser )

here is my command :

[root@web1 projects]# rsync -avzh /var/www/projects/beta-website1 syncuser@web2server:/var/www/projects
syncuser@web2server password:
building file list ... done
beta-website1

rsync: failed to set times on "/var/www/projects/beta-website1": Operation not permitted (1)
beta-website1/index.html
rsync: mkstemp "/var/www/projects/beta-website1/.index.html.ZW9de8" failed: Permission denied (13)

rsync: failed to set times on "/var/www/projects/beta-website1": Operation not permitted (1)

sent 219 bytes* received 54 bytes* 60.67 bytes/sec
total size is 57* speedup is 0.21
rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(892) [sender=2.6.8]

on webserver2 my permission are as follows ( i dont not want to change the permissions, i want user and group to be apache * )

[root@web6 projects]# ll
total 20
drwxr-xr-x* 2 apache apache* 4096 Feb* 7 15:54 beta-website1

Can some one help me understand how to sync thses* files .

--
Regards
Agnello D'souza