Old 02-09-2011, 09:46 AM
Timothy Kesten

Default Printer-Problems - steps forward

My computer is "server-new"
I have a second computer in my network called "server".
There is cupsd running.

On "server-new" I have in /etc/cups/client.conf

a line

ServerName server

So I can use the printer on "server".

Next I have added the local printer.

But cupsdoprint use -H "server:631" (see errormessage in my addendum).
If I delete ServerName server in /etc/cups/client.conf the local printer
works fine.
But I'd like to use both. Local printer on "server.-new" and the printer on
"server".
How to configure cups/printers on "server-new" ?

Timothy

Old 02-09-2011, 09:59 AM
Timothy Kesten

My computer is "server-new"
Here is the local printer
I have a second computer in my network called "server".
There is running cupsd and I can use this printer from "server-new"
(/etc/cups/client.conf -> ServerName server).

Added the local printer - doesn't work.

cupsdoprint use "server" as host (see error-message in my addendum

.... H "server:631"). ...

Delete "ServerName server" in /etc/cups/client.conf and the local printer
works.
But no access to the network-printer on "server".

I'd like to use both printer. On "server" and local on "server-new".
How to config cups?

Timothy