Old 02-07-2011, 05:16 PM
JohnS

Default How and when are the sound modules loaded at system boot time on CentOS 5?

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 17:38 +0000, James Pearson wrote:
> I've been trying to work out how the various sound modules get loaded at
> boot time on CentOS 5 - but I can't find anything obvious under /etc/rc.d/

and you want

A call is done to "init_module" to sling it into memory then other
things happen....addressing starts as in treeing or branching into it's
address.

John

Old 02-07-2011, 06:59 PM
JohnS

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 19:43 +0000, James Pearson wrote:

> I assume something does probe some how - which is what I trying to work
> out. i.e. what exactly does the probe and where in the startup sequence
> is this done?

I told you already...the kernel calls insmod first...then "init_moule"
then a "another sub r gets called to an actual init_module r

lemme see if i can finds ya a book to read

Why not explain exactly your problem? Theres a reason you need to know
and y?

John