FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-04-2011, 04:18 PM
 
Default compiz install on centos 5.2

Dear All,



I know this not the right place but guess someone out in this forum will defuinately be kind enogh to advise and help me and would highly apprecite that



I am new to compiz and have installed compiz but its does not work .. as it gives the following error when i run it

Installed compiz as per this document

http://azlan.anilezfa.com/install-compi ... nux-centos

but get the following error when i run

fusion-icon

-------------------

* Detected Session: unknown

* Searching for installed applications...

Backend : ini

Integration : true

Profile : default

Adding plugin decoration (decoration)

Initializing decoration options...done

* No GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap with direct rendering context

... nor with indirect rendering, this isn't going to work!

* Using the GTK Interface

* Starting Compiz

... executing: compiz --replace --sm-disable --ignore-desktop-hints ccp

compiz (core) - Fatal: No composite extension

-------------------------

I am using the following



Centos 5.2 final

vga vard is VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV6 [Vanta/Vanta LT] (rev 15)



my xorg.conf is as below



Section "ServerLayout"

Identifier "Default Layout"

Screen 0 "Screen0" 0 0

InputDevice "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"

EndSection



Section "InputDevice"

Identifier "Keyboard0"

Driver "kbd"

Option "XkbModel" "pc105"

Option "XkbLayout" "us"

EndSection



Section "Device"

Identifier "Videocard0"

Driver "nv"

EndSection



Section "Screen"

Identifier "Screen0"

Device "Videocard0"

DefaultDepth 24

SubSection "Display"

Viewport 0 0

Depth 24

EndSubSection

EndSection



Start x works fine and am able to use the GUI perfectly

Really would apprecite your kind help and advice..

the computer has a on board display card





thanks and regards



sylvan____________________________________________ ___
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-04-2011, 05:59 PM
 
Default compiz install on centos 5.2

sylvan.dcunha@gmail.com wrote:
<snip>
> I am new to compiz and have installed compiz but its does not work .. as
> it gives the following error when i run it
<snip>
> Initializing decoration options...done
> * No GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap with direct rendering context
> ... nor with indirect rendering, this isn't going to work!
> * Using the GTK Interface
> * Starting Compiz
> ... executing: compiz --replace --sm-disable --ignore-desktop-hints ccp
> compiz (core) - Fatal: No composite extension
<snip>
> Section "Device"
> Identifier "Videocard0"
> Driver "nv"
> EndSection

nVidia. Try installing the proprietary nvidia driver. Then rename or
remove /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and it will create a new one, or use
system-config-display to create a new one.

mark

mark

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-04-2011, 06:17 PM
 
Default compiz install on centos 5.2

Dear mark,



thanks i really apprecite your immediate response...

can u plss guide me the link of the proprety nvidia driver...

for centos



regards





sylvan







On Feb 4, 2011 9:59pm, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:

> sylvan.dcunha@gmail.com wrote:

>

>

>

>

>

> > I am new to compiz and have installed compiz but its does not work .. as

>

>

> > it gives the following error when i run it

>

>

>

>

>

> > Initializing decoration options...done

>

>

> > * No GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap with direct rendering context

>

>

> > ... nor with indirect rendering, this isn't going to work!

>

>

> > * Using the GTK Interface

>

>

> > * Starting Compiz

>

>

> > ... executing: compiz --replace --sm-disable --ignore-desktop-hints ccp

>

>

> > compiz (core) - Fatal: No composite extension

>

>

>

>

>

> > Section "Device"

>

>

> > Identifier "Videocard0"

>

>

> > Driver "nv"

>

>

> > EndSection

>

>

>

>

>

> nVidia. Try installing the proprietary nvidia driver. Then rename or

>

>

> remove /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and it will create a new one, or use

>

>

> system-config-display to create a new one.

>

>

>

>

>

> * * * *mark

>

>

>

>

>

> * * * mark

>

>

>

>

>

> _______________________________________________

>

>

> CentOS mailing list

>

>

> CentOS@centos.org

>

>

> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos

>

>

>_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-04-2011, 06:30 PM
 
Default compiz install on centos 5.2

sylvan.dcunha@gmail.com wrote:
>
> thanks i really apprecite your immediate response...
> can u plss guide me the link of the proprety nvidia driver...
> for centos

First, stop top posting. None of us care how it's done at work or
wherever, post at the bottom.

Second, I already told you what you needed to know; at this point, it's
left as an exercise for the student to learn how to use google or your
favorite search engine to find either the elRepo repository, or nVidia's
corporate site and install per their directions.

mark, not here as paid tech support
>
> regards
>
>
> sylvan
>
>
>
> On Feb 4, 2011 9:59pm, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
>> sylvan.dcunha@gmail.com wrote:
>
>
>
>
>
>> > I am new to compiz and have installed compiz but its does not work ..
>> as
>
>
>> > it gives the following error when i run it
>
>
>
>
>
>> > Initializing decoration options...done
>
>
>> > * No GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap with direct rendering context
>
>
>> > ... nor with indirect rendering, this isn't going to work!
>
>
>> > * Using the GTK Interface
>
>
>> > * Starting Compiz
>
>
>> > ... executing: compiz --replace --sm-disable --ignore-desktop-hints
>> ccp
>
>
>> > compiz (core) - Fatal: No composite extension
>
>
>
>
>
>> > Section "Device"
>
>
>> > Identifier "Videocard0"
>
>
>> > Driver "nv"
>
>
>> > EndSection
>
>
>
>
>
>> nVidia. Try installing the proprietary nvidia driver. Then rename or
>
>
>> remove /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and it will create a new one, or use
>
>
>> system-config-display to create a new one.
>
>
>
>
>
>> mark
>
>
>
>
>
>> mark
>
>
>
>
>
>> _______________________________________________
>
>
>> CentOS mailing list
>
>
>> CentOS@centos.org
>
>
>> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-04-2011, 06:46 PM
"Brunner, Brian T."
 
Default compiz install on centos 5.2

> -----Original Message-----
> From: centos-bounces@centos.org
> [mailto:centos-bounces@centos.org] On Behalf Of m.roth@5-cent.us
> Sent: Friday, February 04, 2011 2:31 PM
> To: CentOS mailing list
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] compiz install on centos 5.2
>
> sylvan.dcunha@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > thanks i really apprecite your immediate response...
> > can u plss guide me the link of the proprety nvidia driver...
> > for centos
>
> First, stop top posting. None of us care how it's done at
> work or wherever, post at the bottom.

Some of us don't care top or bottom post.

> Second, I already told you what you needed to know; at this
> point, it's left as an exercise for the student to learn how
> to use google or your favorite search engine to find either
> the elRepo repository, or nVidia's corporate site and install
> per their directions.

Google on "elrepo nvidia kmod".
There are many choices based on your OS vendor and version, and which
nvidia chip you're using.

> mark, not here as paid tech support

Naturally. If you were paid tech support, your answers would have been
factually accurate, but uselessly vague.

> >> nVidia. Try installing the proprietary nvidia driver. Then
> >> rename or remove /etc/X11/xorg.conf, and it will create a new one,
or use

Mark: Trim your quotes please.
Quote-trimming is as clearly stated in the FAQ/guidelines as
not-top-posting.

/mailinglist-nazi Back to my usual word-torture.

"If cats wrote poems, it would be purrverse"

/me
************************************************** *****************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this
email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
www.Hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated**

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-04-2011, 07:04 PM
 
Default compiz install on centos 5.2

Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
>> [mailto:centos-bounces@centos.org] On Behalf Of m.roth@5-cent.us
<snip>
>> mark, not here as paid tech support
>
> Naturally. If you were paid tech support, your answers would have been
> factually accurate, but uselessly vague.

ROTFLMAO!
<snip>
> Mark: Trim your quotes please.
> Quote-trimming is as clearly stated in the FAQ/guidelines as
> not-top-posting.
>
Hey, I normally do. I simply didn't feel like going through his whole
bloody post with all the dozens of blank lines.

> /mailinglist-nazi Back to my usual word-torture.
>
> "If cats wrote poems, it would be purrverse"

Love it. But then, why are we here, if not for the cats? I mean, after
they civilized us....

mark

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 08:36 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org