Old 02-04-2011, 07:39 AM
JohnS

Default Significant speedup of package building with mock from EPEL for RHEL 6, should definitely go in CentOS 5

On Wed, 2011-02-02 at 13:13 +0000, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> On 02/02/2011 01:01 PM, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> > Karabhir, what are the odds of encouragng a switch to
> > http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora-epel/6/mock-1.1.8-1.el6.src.rpm, and
> > backporting it to centos/5/5/extras ? It's working very well for me,
> > and I think it would be a helpful improvement in RPM building for both
> > the CentOs 5.6 and CentOS 6 efforts.

Hmmm: Nico

The requested URL /fedora-epel/6/mock-1.1.8-1.el6.src.rpm was not found
on this server.

Maybe this:

http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora-epel/6/SRPMS/mock-1.1.8-1.el6.src.rpm ?

How many SRPMS have you built with it? Do you use it under EL5?

John

Old 02-05-2011, 01:17 PM
JohnS

On Fri, 2011-02-04 at 17:44 -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> I just found a nasty bug. Hold off on using that.

Share it a bz #?

John

Old 02-05-2011, 09:46 PM
Always Learning

On Sat, 2011-02-05 at 15:49 -0500, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:

> EPEL has a *nasty* habit of upgrading packages and not leaving the old
> one behind for reversion or regression testing. ......

All the more reason to introduce a 'local' repository where packages can
accumulate and gracefully grow old. When I get time I must set up my
Internet accessible repo for multiple machines.

--

With best regards,

Paul.
England,