Old 02-03-2011, 06:39 PM
"Hugh E Cruickshank"

Default LSI MegaRAID 320-2E PCIe RAID Controller

Hi All:

Has anyone tried using an LSI MegaRAID 320-2E PCIe RAID Controller in
an HP DL380G5 (of any HP G5 DL for that matter) running CentOS 5? It
looks like it should work but it would be nice to know that someone
has already done it before I start going to all the effort and expense
of building the box. I have a spare DL380 and a couple of IBM EXP400
disk arrays that I would like to configure as a backup database server.

Any and all comments will be appreciated.

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com

Old 02-03-2011, 06:58 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>Has anyone tried using an LSI MegaRAID 320-2E PCIe RAID Controller in
>an HP DL380G5 (of any HP G5 DL for that matter) running CentOS 5? It
>looks like it should work but it would be nice to know that someone
>has already done it before I start going to all the effort and expense
>of building the box. I have a spare DL380 and a couple of IBM EXP400
>disk arrays that I would like to configure as a backup database server.

While I haven't, I also agree it should, but you can email support@lsi.com
and ask, they have top notch support, I just asked a similar question
a month ago for a PCIe card in an HP server...

jlc

Old 02-03-2011, 07:05 PM
"Hugh E Cruickshank"

From: Joseph L. Casale Sent: February 3, 2011 11:59
> >Has anyone tried using an LSI MegaRAID 320-2E PCIe RAID Controller in
> >an HP DL380G5 (of any HP G5 DL for that matter) running CentOS 5? It
> >looks like it should work but it would be nice to know that someone
> >has already done it before I start going to all the effort and expense
> >of building the box. I have a spare DL380 and a couple of IBM EXP400
> >disk arrays that I would like to configure as a backup database server.
>
> While I haven't, I also agree it should, but you can email support@lsi.com
> and ask, they have top notch support, I just asked a similar question
> a month ago for a PCIe card in an HP server...

Thanks. That is an excellent suggestion and one I should have thought
of as well (but I did not). I will give it a try right now.

Regards, Hugh

--
Hugh E Cruickshank, Forward Software, www.forward-software.com