FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 02-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Hal Davison
 
Default Directions please..

Greetings...

OS: CentOS 5.5


Attempting to run a database, PROGRESS,
give the error:

error wile loading shared libraries:
libstdc++libc6.2.2.so.3: cannot open
shared object file: No such file or directory

I am relatively a noob at CentOS. So you
kind assistance in pointing me in the
correct direction would be appreciated.

--Hal.

--
Hal Davison
Observe Goal, Set the course, Burn the map
Davison Consulting
This correspondence was composed using
Dragon Speaking Version 10
Peg#: 2007011701

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-03-2011, 04:57 PM
John R Pierce
 
Default Directions please..

On 02/03/11 9:43 AM, Hal Davison wrote:
> Greetings...
>
> OS: CentOS 5.5
>
>
> Attempting to run a database, PROGRESS,
> give the error:
>
> error wile loading shared libraries:
> libstdc++libc6.2.2.so.3: cannot open
> shared object file: No such file or directory

# yum install compat-libstdc++


to find this package name, try

# yum provides libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
Loaded ...
...
compat-libstdc++-296-2.96-138.i386 : Compatibility 2.96-RH standard C++
libraries
Repo : base
Matched from:
Other : libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Kai Schaetzl
 
Default Directions please..

Please do your homework and stop this! You already asked yesterday and got
answers.

Kai


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-03-2011, 07:48 PM
Hal Davison
 
Default Directions please..

On 2/3/2011 3:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> Please do your homework and stop this! You already asked yesterday and got
> answers.
>
> Kai
>
>

Am I missing something here? Why can other
people ask questions here, receive
valuable answers and suggestions on
several areas? Restate the question and
ask it again with no one having a problem?

Who DIED and WHO is now claiming to be GOD?

--Hal.

> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
>
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-03-2011, 07:52 PM
Digimer
 
Default Directions please..

On 02/03/2011 03:48 PM, Hal Davison wrote:
>
> On 2/3/2011 3:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>> Please do your homework and stop this! You already asked yesterday and got
>> answers.
>>
>> Kai
>>
>>
>
> Am I missing something here? Why can other
> people ask questions here, receive
> valuable answers and suggestions on
> several areas? Restate the question and
> ask it again with no one having a problem?
>
> Who DIED and WHO is now claiming to be GOD?
>
> --Hal.

Instead of blowing your top, why not read the FAQ on good questions that
was linked to you?

- Your question was vague
- You showed no steps you took to try and solve the problem
- You started a new thread with the same question rather than
elaborating in the existing thread.

If you see people asking questions and getting help, and then you ask a
question that does not get an answer, than perhaps you should look to
see how those questions differed. Yelling on the channel is certainly
not the difference and it definitely won't encourage people to help you.

--
Digimer
E-Mail: digimer@alteeve.com
AN!Whitepapers: http://alteeve.com
Node Assassin: http://nodeassassin.org
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-03-2011, 07:58 PM
"Brunner, Brian T."
 
Default Directions please..

> -----Original Message-----
> From: centos-bounces@centos.org
> [mailto:centos-bounces@centos.org] On Behalf Of Hal Davison
> Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 3:48 PM
> To: CentOS mailing list
> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Directions please..
>
> On 2/3/2011 3:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> > Please do your homework and stop this! You already asked
> yesterday and
> > got answers.
> >
> > Kai
> >
>
> Am I missing something here? Why can other people ask
> questions here, receive valuable answers and suggestions on
> several areas? Restate the question and ask it again with no
> one having a problem?

We've seen enough "please do my homework' type posts that we're studying
the matter how to correct it.
At the current nonce, castigation seems to be an effective response.

Basic requisites for help (in lieu of flaming) is to specify the version
of CentOS being used, and either detailed failure report (what happened
when OP tried something) or a description of the previous attempts to
address the problem (such as the OP's analysis of SpamAssassin to a
sendmail.cf entry to deal with spam from Korea, or some similar
indicator that the OP is working on a real problem, not looking for a
tutor/doer for a homework problem.

> Who DIED and WHO is now claiming to be GOD?

If somebody dying is a requisite, I volunteer. I hurt to damned many
places to enjoy much of any day after the "get up" checkpoint is
reached.

As to being God, I'll let everybody export their own value of $DEITY.
Mine is set to "chocolate", and it's staying that way.
************************************************** *****************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this
email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
www.Hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated**

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Hal Davison
 
Default Directions please..

On 2/3/2011 3:52 PM, Digimer wrote:
> On 02/03/2011 03:48 PM, Hal Davison wrote:
>> On 2/3/2011 3:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>>> Please do your homework and stop this! You already asked yesterday and got
>>> answers.
>>>
>>> Kai
>>>
>>>
>> Am I missing something here? Why can other
>> people ask questions here, receive
>> valuable answers and suggestions on
>> several areas? Restate the question and
>> ask it again with no one having a problem?
>>
>> Who DIED and WHO is now claiming to be GOD?
>>
>> --Hal.
> Instead of blowing your top, why not read the FAQ on good questions that
> was linked to you?
>
> - Your question was vague
> - You showed no steps you took to try and solve the problem
> - You started a new thread with the same question rather than
> elaborating in the existing thread.
>
> If you see people asking questions and getting help, and then you ask a
> question that does not get an answer, than perhaps you should look to
> see how those questions differed. Yelling on the channel is certainly
> not the difference and it definitely won't encourage people to help you.
>
Thank you for your advice and understanding...

--Hal.

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-03-2011, 08:14 PM
Hal Davison
 
Default Directions please..

On 2/3/2011 3:58 PM, Brunner, Brian T. wrote:
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: centos-bounces@centos.org
>> [mailto:centos-bounces@centos.org] On Behalf Of Hal Davison
>> Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2011 3:48 PM
>> To: CentOS mailing list
>> Subject: Re: [CentOS] Directions please..
>>
>> On 2/3/2011 3:31 PM, Kai Schaetzl wrote:
>>> Please do your homework and stop this! You already asked
>> yesterday and
>>> got answers.
>>>
>>> Kai
>>>
>> Am I missing something here? Why can other people ask
>> questions here, receive valuable answers and suggestions on
>> several areas? Restate the question and ask it again with no
>> one having a problem?
> We've seen enough "please do my homework' type posts that we're studying
> the matter how to correct it.
> At the current nonce, castigation seems to be an effective response.
>
> Basic requisites for help (in lieu of flaming) is to specify the version
> of CentOS being used, and either detailed failure report (what happened
> when OP tried something) or a description of the previous attempts to
> address the problem (such as the OP's analysis of SpamAssassin to a
> sendmail.cf entry to deal with spam from Korea, or some similar
> indicator that the OP is working on a real problem, not looking for a
> tutor/doer for a homework problem.
>
>> Who DIED and WHO is now claiming to be GOD?
> If somebody dying is a requisite, I volunteer. I hurt to damned many
> places to enjoy much of any day after the "get up" checkpoint is
> reached.
>
> As to being God, I'll let everybody export their own value of $DEITY.
> Mine is set to "chocolate", and it's staying that way.
> ************************************************** *****************
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
> intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
> they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please
> notify the system manager. This footnote also confirms that this
> email message has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.
> www.Hubbell.com - Hubbell Incorporated**
>
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
>
My humble apologies to any and all that I
may have offended.

--Hal.

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-03-2011, 08:28 PM
Hal Davison
 
Default Directions please..

On 2/3/2011 12:57 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 02/03/11 9:43 AM, Hal Davison wrote:
>> Greetings...
>>
>> OS: CentOS 5.5
>>
>>
>> Attempting to run a database, PROGRESS,
>> give the error:
>>
>> error wile loading shared libraries:
>> libstdc++libc6.2.2.so.3: cannot open
>> shared object file: No such file or directory
> # yum install compat-libstdc++
>
>
> to find this package name, try
>
> # yum provides libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
> Loaded ...
> ...
> compat-libstdc++-296-2.96-138.i386 : Compatibility 2.96-RH standard C++
> libraries
> Repo : base
> Matched from:
> Other : libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
>
>
Thank you John. I followed you
instructions to the letter and it appears
to have worked like a champ.

Again .. A kindest Thank You from an
uninformed noob.


--Hal.

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 02-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Peter Kjellström
 
Default Directions please..

On Thursday, February 03, 2011 10:28:56 pm Hal Davison wrote:
> On 2/3/2011 12:57 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> > On 02/03/11 9:43 AM, Hal Davison wrote:
...
> >> Attempting to run a database, PROGRESS,
> >>
> >> give the error:
> >> error wile loading shared libraries:
> >> libstdc++libc6.2.2.so.3: cannot open
> >> shared object file: No such file or directory
> >
> > # yum install compat-libstdc++
> >
> > to find this package name, try
> >
> > # yum provides libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3
...
> Thank you John. I followed you
> instructions to the letter and it appears
> to have worked like a champ.
>
> Again .. A kindest Thank You from an
> uninformed noob.

And had you actually read what people told you in previous threads you'd have
found the exact same (correct and helpful) answer...

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2011-February/105561.html
http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2011-February/105520.html

/Peter

> --Hal.
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:39 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org