Old 02-03-2011, 10:12 AM
James Bensley

Default User Details

I have some questions on how I can perform the following actions from
the terminal in CentOS 5.5 final. My Google searches aren't helping
and I keep seeing references to the command 'useradd' but this isn't
present on my box;

-How to add a new user?
$ useradd
-bash: useradd: command not found
(This is the same for my normal user and when logged in as root)

-How to set/change an existing users home folder path
-How to list all users
-How to list all groups

Sorry if this seems trivial but I am actually stuck on this

James.

http://www.jamesbensley.co.cc/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world; Those who understand
Vigesimal, and J others...?

Old 02-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Scott Robbins

On Thu, Feb 03, 2011 at 11:12:19AM +0000, James Bensley wrote:
> I have some questions on how I can perform the following actions from
> the terminal in CentOS 5.5 final. My Google searches aren't helping
> and I keep seeing references to the command 'useradd' but this isn't
> present on my box;
>
> -How to add a new user?
> $ useradd
> -bash: useradd: command not found
> (This is the same for my normal user and when logged in as root)

See my page

http://home.roadrunner.com/~computertaijutsu/rhpath.html

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Buffy: Okay, well, how long before you un-crypt it?
Willow: Hours. Days maybe. Anyone suggesting months would not
be accused of crazy talk.