Old 02-02-2011, 07:32 PM

Default Centos + python + sqlalchemy + mysql

I am trying to use the following set (all from standard repositories):
centos (5.5) + python 2.6 + sqlalchemy + mysql. However while running my script I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./oraping2.py", line 43, in <module>
main()
File "./oraping2.py", line 23, in main
db = create_engine('mysql:///u1oraping@localhost:3306/oraping',echo=False,pool_recycle=1800)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/__init__.py", line 244, in create_engine
return strategy.create(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/strategies.py", line 60, in create
dbapi = dialect_cls.dbapi(**dbapi_args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sqlalchemy/dialects/mysql/mysqldb.py", line 101, in dbapi
return __import__('MySQLdb')
File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/MySQLdb/__init__.py", line 19, in <module>
import _mysql
ImportError: /usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/_mysql.so: undefined symbol: Py_InitModule4

Did anybody faced this error ?
Does anybody use the above set of software on Centos ?

Regards
Przemek

Old 02-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 02/02/2011 08:32 PM, przemolicc@poczta.fm wrote:
> I am trying to use the following set (all from standard repositories):
> centos (5.5) + python 2.6 + sqlalchemy + mysql. However while running my script I get:

I would recommend you use the python 2.6 from EPEL, and the setuptools /
pip from there to bring in the egg's you need. That would make sure you
keep clear of the py2.4 file space / lib space.

- KB

Old 02-03-2011, 02:13 AM
Michael Semcheski

On Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 3:32 PM, <przemolicc@poczta.fm> wrote:
> I am trying to use the following set (all from standard repositories):
> centos (5.5) + python 2.6 + sqlalchemy + mysql. However while running my script I get:

I can't comment on the error you're getting specifically, but you
might look at Fedora for this setup. Their Turbogears / SQLAlchemy /
mysql-python are pretty good and well tested.

Also, do you have MySQL-python installed on your CentOS system?