Old 02-01-2011, 12:26 AM
David McGuffey

Default python-dbus

What is this all about? Seems to be related to my attempt to load
hplip-3.10.9 to support an HP Photosmart 3210 all-in-one for scanning
through saned.

from /var/log/messages:

Jan 31 20:07:26 desk python: [2851]: error: dbus failed to load
(python-dbus ver. 0.80+ required). Exiting...
Jan 31 20:07:49 desk python: hp-systray[3402]: warning: Qt/PyQt 4
initialization failed.

When I check for python-dbus with yum, it doesn't show in the nomal
mirrors.

[root@desk log]# yum info python-dbus
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
* addons: mirrors.finalasp.com
* base: yum.singlehop.com
* centosplus: mirror.web-ster.com
* extras: mirrors.finalasp.com
* rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
* updates: mirror.trouble-free.net
addons | 951 B 00:00
base | 2.1 kB 00:00
centosplus | 1.9 kB 00:00
extras | 2.1 kB 00:00
rpmforge | 1.1 kB 00:00
updates | 1.9 kB 00:00
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
202 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Error: No matching Packages to list
[root@desk log]#

Old 02-01-2011, 01:56 AM
Don Krause

It's dbus-python

[dkrause@cen015-246 ~]$ yum search dbus-python
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
* addons: centos-distro.cavecreek.net
* extras: mirror.web-ster.com
* rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
============================= Matched: dbus-python =============================
dbus-python.i386 : D-Bus Python Bindings

On Jan 31, 2011, at 5:26 PM, David McGuffey wrote:

> What is this all about? Seems to be related to my attempt to load
> hplip-3.10.9 to support an HP Photosmart 3210 all-in-one for scanning
> through saned.
>
> from /var/log/messages:
>
> Jan 31 20:07:26 desk python: [2851]: error: dbus failed to load
> (python-dbus ver. 0.80+ required). Exiting...
> Jan 31 20:07:49 desk python: hp-systray[3402]: warning: Qt/PyQt 4
> initialization failed.
>

> When I check for python-dbus with yum, it doesn't show in the nomal
> mirrors.
>

> [root@desk log]# yum info python-dbus
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, priorities
> * addons: mirrors.finalasp.com
> * base: yum.singlehop.com
> * centosplus: mirror.web-ster.com
> * extras: mirrors.finalasp.com
> * rpmforge: fr2.rpmfind.net
> * updates: mirror.trouble-free.net
> addons | 951 B 00:00
> base | 2.1 kB 00:00
> centosplus | 1.9 kB 00:00
> extras | 2.1 kB 00:00
> rpmforge | 1.1 kB 00:00
> updates | 1.9 kB 00:00
> Excluding Packages in global exclude list
> Finished
> 202 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> Error: No matching Packages to list
> [root@desk log]#

Don Krause

"This message represents the official view of the voices in my head."