Old 01-31-2011, 03:14 AM
Jason S-M

Default Groups

Hi All,

On one of my servers I have a personal account and root. I disable root for ssh logins and run ssh on an alternative port. When 'scp'ing files I usually scp them up, then ssh in 'su' root and move them to /var/www/html.

I can sftp I realize, but what group can I add my personal account to, but not root, so I can sftp in and put the files in /var/www/html?

Secondarily /var/www/html/<my website> is owned by root:root, can I change this to something else so my sftp'ing is easier? apache:apache as owner?

-Jason