Old 01-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Karanbir Singh

Default Cold install kernel .config file

Hi,

On 01/28/2011 11:01 PM, Tom Murphy wrote:
> The modified kernel has routines to talk to our coprocessor via the
> pcibus and it is not a standard device. A generic kernel does not know
> how to talk to the coprocessor, what I want to do is build an install
> kernel that can talk to the coprocessor via pci.

Whats so cool with your kernel ? And where can I download it ?

- KB

Old 01-28-2011, 11:14 PM
Karanbir Singh

On 01/28/2011 09:19 PM, Tom G Murphy wrote:
> I am guessing I have either have too much or too little included in the
> kernel. I tried to make sure everything I thought was needed were not
> modules but included in the kernel.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

use the %post thing as John pointed out, and kexec the new install. What
you have there is clearly not CentOS, so you should have no reason to
not break it further up to achieve the tech path you desire.

- KB

Old 01-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Tom Murphy

Thanks, this is an great idea.

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 6:14 PM, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists@karan.org> wrote:

On 01/28/2011 09:19 PM, Tom G Murphy wrote:

> I am guessing I have either have too much or too little included in the

> kernel. I tried to make sure everything I thought was needed were not

> modules but included in the kernel.

> Does anyone have any suggestions?

use the %post thing as John pointed out, and kexec the new install. What

you have there is clearly not CentOS, so you should have no reason to

not break it further up to achieve the tech path you desire.

- KB

Tom Murphy
Platform Support
Convey Computer