-   -   Cold install kernel .config file (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/482573-cold-install-kernel-config-file.html)

Tom G Murphy 01-28-2011 08:19 PM

Cold install kernel .config file

Convey uses a highly modified CentOS kernel to work with our attach coprocessor. *Currently to setup a system for delivery we do a cold install using a "stock" CentOS cold install using kickstart. *During that cold install we lay down our modified kernel and reboot the system with that kernel. *After the reboot we are able to access the coprocessor management processor and down load updated firmware then reboot the system to have a completed install.
My goal is to be able to boot a "modified" kernel on the cold install step so we can download the firmware updates and eliminate the second boot.
I have tried using using the bzImage generated from the modified kernel build but that kernel fails to be able to load the kickstart file :-(*
I have done searches trying to find the .config file used to build the kernel booted during cold install but have had no luck.
I am guessing I have either have too much or too little included in the kernel. * I tried to make sure everything I thought was needed were not modules but included in the kernel.
Does anyone have any suggestions? *
---
Tom Murphy
Platform Support