Old 01-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Rudi Ahlers

Default how to unmount an NFS share when the NFS server is unavailable?

Hi All,

How do I unmount an NFS share when the NFS server is unaivalable?

I tried "umount /bck" but it "hangs" indefinitely
"umount -f /bck" tells me the mount if busy and I can't unmount it:

root@saturn:[~]$ umount -f /bck
umount2: Device or resource busy
umount: /bck: device is busy
umount2: Device or resource busy
umount: /bck: device is busy

This non-working NFS share is causing problems on the server and I
need to unmount it until such a time when the NFS server (faulty NAS)
is repaired.

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com
Technical Blog: http://Blog.SoftDux.com
Office: 087 805 9573
Cell: 082 554 7532

Old 01-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Edo

Hi,

On 1/26/11 5:23 PM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How do I unmount an NFS share when the NFS server is unaivalable?
>
> I tried "umount /bck" but it "hangs" indefinitely
> "umount -f /bck" tells me the mount if busy and I can't unmount it:

Try:

umount -f -l /bck

HTH,

--
- Edwin - mailto:ml2edwin@gmail.com
“Happy is the man that has found wisdom ...”—Proverbs 3:13