Old 01-26-2011, 04:37 AM
Always Learning

Default Recommendation for a Linux alternative to Centos - ATH9K disaster

On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 13:27 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:

> Surely you mean stuff from the rising sun Illumos and OpenIndiana!

Nope. Not convinced by what I read about them.

Still have my unused Open Solaris disks from 2008.05 and my single CD of
Red Hat Linux v.6 from 1999. :-)

--

With best regards,

Paul.
England,
EU.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:07 AM
Christopher Chan

On Wednesday, January 26, 2011 01:37 PM, Always Learning wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 13:27 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
>
>> Surely you mean stuff from the rising sun Illumos and OpenIndiana!
>
> Nope. Not convinced by what I read about them.
>
> Still have my unused Open Solaris disks from 2008.05 and my single CD of
> Red Hat Linux v.6 from 1999. :-)

bsdmag.org

Not that I would recommend OpenIndiana for a desktop (only because I do
not like GNOME) but I think you will find that quite a lot of basic
stuff can be done.

Old 01-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Jerry McAllister

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 05:37:48AM +0000, Always Learning wrote:

> On Wed, 2011-01-26 at 13:27 +0800, Christopher Chan wrote:
>
> > Surely you mean stuff from the rising sun Illumos and OpenIndiana!
>
> Nope. Not convinced by what I read about them.
>
> Still have my unused Open Solaris disks from 2008.05 and my single CD of
> Red Hat Linux v.6 from 1999. :-)

Well, FreeBSD is still free from corporate control and interference.

////jerry