Old 01-25-2011, 06:48 PM
mcclnx mcc

Default #!/bin/csh -v not work on CENTOS 5.5

We have several "csh" batch scripts using "#!/bin/csh -v". It work fine, before Centos 5.5. After cenos 5.5, it will NOT execute and only list history.

Anyone know why?

Thanks.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:53 PM
Cameron Kerr

On 26/01/11 08:48, mcclnx mcc wrote:
> We have several "csh" batch scripts using "#!/bin/csh -v". It work fine, before Centos 5.5. After cenos 5.5, it will NOT execute and only list history.

Any particular error message that is generated?

Old 01-25-2011, 06:55 PM

mcclnx mcc wrote:
> We have several "csh" batch scripts using "#!/bin/csh -v". It work fine,
> before Centos 5.5. After cenos 5.5, it will NOT execute and only list
> history.
>
> Anyone know why?

Check the tsch logs. Try some tests - I forget what we used here, but they
broke tcsh's globbing about a year and a half ago, then fixed it; just saw
where there was another fix a month or so ago. Or yum downgrade tcsh, till
they fix it.

mark

Old 01-26-2011, 05:27 PM
David G. Miller

mcclnx mcc <mcclnx@...> writes:

> We have several "csh" batch scripts using "#!/bin/csh -v". It work fine,
before Centos 5.5. After cenos
> 5.5, it will NOT execute and only list history.
>
> Anyone know why?
>
> Thanks.

Actually, the script is executed:

[dave@fraud ~/bin]# ./ctest.csh

echo "this is a test."
this is a test.
ls /tmp
gconfd-dave keyring-ws5CGg mapping-dave plugtmp virtual-dave.9xelPs
gconfd-root keyring-WsDO9L mapping-root plugtmp-1 virtual-dave.d8jgGP

chmod -R g+rx,o+rx Nelson/

cd

cd Nelson/Chap02/

cd /share/dave/cng258/

The history is listed for some reason after the script (in the above example
starting with the chmod). This appears to have been fixed with tcsh 6.17.00.
The version of tcsh on CentOS is 6.14.00.

Cheers,
Dave

Old 01-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Cameron Kerr

On 27/01/2011, at 7:27 AM, David G. Miller wrote:

> chmod -R g+rx,o+rx Nelson/
>
> cd

What is the result of 'cd' (a shell-internal command) in this version of tcsh? It is the same as in sh?

Old 01-27-2011, 06:40 PM
David G. Miller

Cameron Kerr <cameron@...> writes:

> On 27/01/2011, at 7:27 AM, David G. Miller wrote:
>
> > chmod -R g+rx,o+rx Nelson/
> >
> > cd
>
> What is the result of 'cd' (a shell-internal command) in this version of tcsh?
> It is the same as in sh?

As expected, cd with no directory is the same as cd ~/

Cheers,
Dave