Old 01-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Rudi Ahlers

Default how to graph iozone output using OpenOffice?

Hi all,

Can anyone please steer me in the right direction with this one? I've
searched the net, but couldn't find a clear answer.

How do I actually generate graphs from iozone, using OpenOffice? Every
website I've been to simply mentions that iozone can output an xls
file which can be used in MS Excel to generate a 3D graph. But, I
can't see how it's actually done. Can anyone please help me with this?

I've run the following command on a CentOS 5.4 server:

iozone -R -l 5 -u 5 -r 1m -s 100m -F /home/f1 /home/f2 /home/f3
/home/f4 /home/f5 | tee -a /tmp/iozone_results.txt &

And then imported the iozone_results.tx file into OpenOffice Calc, but
got no idea where to from here?
I would like todo something like this:
http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/images_old/2006/06/06/two_drives_are_better_than_one/n2100_thecus_1000m_read_big.png
http://oraclue.com/2008/10/03/iozone-filesystem-benchmark-too/

--
Kind Regards
Rudi Ahlers

Website: http://www.SoftDux.com
Technical Blog: http://Blog.SoftDux.com
Office: 087 805 9573
Cell: 082 554 7532

Old 01-08-2011, 04:38 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>Can anyone please steer me in the right direction with this one? I've
>searched the net, but couldn't find a clear answer.

I have done it before and googled " iozone graphing" and got quite a few references?

http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/139744

Old 01-08-2011, 04:55 PM
Rudi Ahlers

On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Joseph L. Casale
<jcasale@activenetwerx.com> wrote:
>>Can anyone please steer me in the right direction with this one? I've
>>searched the net, but couldn't find a clear answer.
>
> I have done it before and googled " iozone graphing" and got quite a few references?
>
> http://www.linux.com/archive/feature/139744

Thanx, that's one of the articles I found as well, but still can't see
how they generate the 3D graphs. The system I ran it on is headless
CentOS server (i.e. no X installed), and there's no "Generate_Graphs
and gengnuplot.sh". So, is that really the only way to generate the
graphs?

Old 01-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Athmane Madjoudj

On 01/08/2011 06:55 PM, Rudi Ahlers wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 8, 2011 at 7:38 PM, Joseph L. Casale
> <jcasale@activenetwerx.com> wrote:

> Thanx, that's one of the articles I found as well, but still can't see
> how they generate the 3D graphs. The system I ran it on is headless
> CentOS server (i.e. no X installed), and there's no "Generate_Graphs
> and gengnuplot.sh". So, is that really the only way to generate the
> graphs?

You can grab them from there:

- http://www.iozone.org/src/current/Generate_Graphs
- http://www.iozone.org/src/current/gengnuplot.sh