-   -   Total novice (http://www.linux-archive.org/centos/4712-total-novice.html)

"Manuel Leon" 11-25-2007 03:07 PM

Total novice

Hi.

*

I want to remove one of three hard drives.
But if I just remove the disk, Linux

signals *errors and enters
administrative mode requesting corrective actions which,

of course, I do not know. If I reconnect
the drive, everything returns to normality.

*

Can anyone help me?

*

Thanks in advance.

*

MLM

"Brett Serkez" 11-25-2007 03:47 PM

Total novice

Edit ./etc/fstab and comment out the mount entry for that drive with a
'#' in the first position of the line.

Brett