Old 12-22-2010, 11:02 AM
Mag Gam

Default compiling a module

I am interested in fscache module. I know where to get the userland
tools (http://people.redhat.com/dhowells/fscache/) but I am not sure
where to obtain its module. Moreover, I am not sure once I get the
source code how I can compile it for Centos 5.2.

Has anyone compiled, fscache before?

TIA

Old 12-22-2010, 01:51 PM
James Pearson

Mag Gam wrote:
> I am interested in fscache module. I know where to get the userland
> tools (http://people.redhat.com/dhowells/fscache/) but I am not sure
> where to obtain its module. Moreover, I am not sure once I get the
> source code how I can compile it for Centos 5.2.
>
> Has anyone compiled, fscache before?

Have a look at the thread:

<http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2009-December/086699.html>

Theoretically, on a CentOS 5.2 system (that hasn't been updated),
FS-Cache should work out-of-the-box - however, the FS-Cache version with
the 5.2 kernels is old and buggy and shouldn't be used in a production
environment.

I believe FS-Cache is supported with RHEL 6.0 - so may be you should
wait until CentOS 6 is out?

James Pearson