FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > CentOS > CentOS

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 12-20-2010, 07:35 PM
 
Default CentOS 6

*sigh*
I'm sitting here with my manager and the other admin, as they argue as to
when CentOS 6 will be out. Anyone have a clue as to when? Are we getting
close?

mark

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-20-2010, 07:42 PM
William Warren
 
Default CentOS 6

On 12/20/2010 3:35 PM, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> *sigh*
> I'm sitting here with my manager and the other admin, as they argue as to
> when CentOS 6 will be out. Anyone have a clue as to when? Are we getting
> close?
>
> mark
>
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
this happens every release. there's no set date. it'll be done when it
is completed.
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-20-2010, 07:50 PM
"Jason T. Slack-Moehrle"
 
Default CentOS 6

>> I'm sitting here with my manager and the other admin, as they argue as to
>> when CentOS 6 will be out. Anyone have a clue as to when? Are we getting
>> close?

> this happens every release. there's no set date. it'll be done when it
> is completed.

Is there a roadmap or expected feature set that we can look at?

-Jason

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-20-2010, 07:54 PM
John R Pierce
 
Default CentOS 6

On 12/20/10 12:50 PM, Jason T. Slack-Moehrle wrote:
> Is there a roadmap or expected feature set that we can look at?

http://www.redhat.com/rhel/server/details/




_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-20-2010, 07:55 PM
"John R. Dennison"
 
Default CentOS 6

On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 12:50:50PM -0800, Jason T. Slack-Moehrle wrote:
>
> >> I'm sitting here with my manager and the other admin, as they argue as to
> >> when CentOS 6 will be out. Anyone have a clue as to when? Are we getting
> >> close?
>
> > this happens every release. there's no set date. it'll be done when it
> > is completed.
>
> Is there a roadmap or expected feature set that we can look at?

Beta refresh 2 of RHEL6; 30-day free trial for RHEL6 or the
upstream documentation for EL6.




John
--
"The Special Olympics is to winners as FOX News is to experts.
If you show up, you are one."

-- Jon Stewart
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Les Mikesell
 
Default CentOS 6

On 12/20/10 2:55 PM, John R. Dennison wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 12:50:50PM -0800, Jason T. Slack-Moehrle wrote:
>>
>>>> I'm sitting here with my manager and the other admin, as they argue as to
>>>> when CentOS 6 will be out. Anyone have a clue as to when? Are we getting
>>>> close?
>>
>>> this happens every release. there's no set date. it'll be done when it
>>> is completed.
>>
>> Is there a roadmap or expected feature set that we can look at?
>
> Beta refresh 2 of RHEL6; 30-day free trial for RHEL6 or the
> upstream documentation for EL6.
>

Or Scientific Linux has their alpha release out. Should be close enough for
testing most things. http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=06401

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com


_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-21-2010, 02:21 PM
Daniel Heitmann
 
Default CentOS 6

On 20.12.2010 21:35, m.roth@5-cent.us sent:
> *sigh*
> I'm sitting here with my manager and the other admin, as they argue as to
> when CentOS 6 will be out. Anyone have a clue as to when? Are we getting
> close?
Just follow kbsingh and/or centos on Twitter and you'll know if its
done. I'd also expect info on early testing-releases there.

--
Gruß/Regards,
Daniel Heitmann

XMPP: dheitmann@jabber.ccc.de (OTR) / GnuPG-ID: B251006E
Blog: https://blog.horrendum.de / Twitter: @maledictvm

Proprietary attachments instantly go to /dev/null.
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-21-2010, 02:26 PM
 
Default CentOS 6

Daniel Heitmann wrote:
> On 20.12.2010 21:35, m.roth@5-cent.us sent:
>> *sigh*
>> I'm sitting here with my manager and the other admin, as they argue as
>> to when CentOS 6 will be out. Anyone have a clue as to when? Are we
getting
>> close?
> Just follow kbsingh and/or centos on Twitter and you'll know if its
> done. I'd also expect info on early testing-releases there.

Ah, no. I'm not a twit, so I'll just check the CentOS.org website, and here.

mark, who remembers too bloody well wearing a pager 24x7x365.25,
except when he was wearing *two* of the damn things, so
screw Twitter

_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Chris Geldenhuis
 
Default CentOS 6

m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> Daniel Heitmann wrote:
>
>> On 20.12.2010 21:35, m.roth@5-cent.us sent:
>>
>>> *sigh*
>>> I'm sitting here with my manager and the other admin, as they argue as
>>> to when CentOS 6 will be out. Anyone have a clue as to when? Are we
>>>
> getting
>
>>> close?
>>>
>> Just follow kbsingh and/or centos on Twitter and you'll know if its
>> done. I'd also expect info on early testing-releases there.
>>
>
> Ah, no. I'm not a twit, so I'll just check the CentOS.org website, and here.
>
> mark, who remembers too bloody well wearing a pager 24x7x365.25,
> except when he was wearing *two* of the damn things, so
> screw Twitter
>
> _______________________________________________
> CentOS mailing list
> CentOS@centos.org
> http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
>
>
+1
ChrisG
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 
Old 12-21-2010, 03:28 PM
Les Mikesell
 
Default CentOS 6

On 12/21/2010 10:28 AM, Chris Geldenhuis wrote:
> >>> Just follow kbsingh and/or centos on Twitter and you'll know if its
>>> done. I'd also expect info on early testing-releases there.
>>>
>>
>> Ah, no. I'm not a twit, so I'll just check the CentOS.org website, and here.
>>
>> mark, who remembers too bloody well wearing a pager 24x7x365.25,
>> except when he was wearing *two* of the damn things, so
>> screw Twitter
>>

> +1

Twitter is 'all public' so you don't have to join to see what someone
has posted and you can view it as a web page at your convenience if you
don't want a live feed:
http://twitter.com/centos

--
Les Mikesell
lesmikesell@gmail.com
_______________________________________________
CentOS mailing list
CentOS@centos.org
http://lists.centos.org/mailman/listinfo/centos
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:47 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org