Old 12-19-2010, 01:09 AM
Ed Warner

Default VPN for iPad

What is the best VPN solution for both PC and iPad? I was told that OpenVPN
won't work for iPad.

Ed Warner

Old 12-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Oscar Osta Pueyo

Hi,

2010/12/19 Ed Warner <edwarner99@yahoo.com>:
> What is the best VPN solution for both PC and iPad? *I was told that OpenVPN
> won't work for iPad.
>
> *Ed Warner

You can try openswan and xl2tpd are in EPEL repositories.

--
Oscar Osta Pueyo
oostap.listas@gmail.com

Old 12-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Eero Volotinen

2010/12/19 Ed Warner <edwarner99@yahoo.com>:
> What is the best VPN solution for both PC and iPad? *I was told that OpenVPN
> won't work for iPad.

I think that it works on jailbroken ipad.

anyway, ipad supports pptp directly?

--
Eero

Old 12-19-2010, 06:08 PM
Bill Campbell

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010, Eero Volotinen wrote:
>2010/12/19 Ed Warner <edwarner99@yahoo.com>:
>> What is the best VPN solution for both PC and iPad? *I was told that OpenVPN
>> won't work for iPad.
>>

>I think that it works on jailbroken ipad.
>
>anyway, ipad supports pptp directly?

That's what we use with iPad and iPod Touches. I would prefer to
use OpenVPN if it ever becomes available for the iP[ao]ds.

I have never been able to get IPSec and OpenVPN to play together
on the same Linux server.

Bill
Voice: (206) 236-1676 Mercer Island, WA 98040-0820
Fax: (206) 232-9186 Skype: jwccsllc (206) 855-5792

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!
-- Emiliano Zapata.