Old 12-17-2010, 11:58 AM
Lanny Marcus

Default {SOLVED} Google Picasa / GNOME / how to launch application?

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Dejan <centos@bektchiev.net> wrote:
>> I had installed Picasa,apparently properly, but am unable to launch
>> the application. In the GNOME Desktop menu, Applications > Graphics >
>> Picasa > Picasa it does not launch. Reinstalled it and the same issue.
<snip>
> I had a similar issue with Picasa on my Fedora 14 laptop. The solution
> was to download the latest Picasa version for Windows and run it under
> Wine.

Dejan: Thank you. That's the easiest way! I uninstalled the version
of Picasa for Linux I'd gotten from the google yum repository,
installed wine and then I downloaded the M$ Windows version (3.8) of
Google's Picasa and installed that with Wine.

Working! :-) Strangely, in the Help > About it shows that it is
Picasa version 3.8.x for Linux. :-)

Thanks to the 3 of you who replied. Much appreciated! Lanny

Old 12-27-2010, 06:45 AM
Ron Blizzard

> On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 11:41 PM, Dejan <centos@bektchiev.net> wrote:
>> I had a similar issue with Picasa on my Fedora 14 laptop. The solution
>> was to download the latest Picasa version for Windows and run it under
>> Wine.
>>
> Dejan: Thank you. That's the easiest way! *I uninstalled the version
> of Picasa for Linux I'd gotten from the google yum repository,
> installed wine and then I downloaded the M$ Windows version (3.8) of
> Google's Picasa and installed that with Wine.
>
> Working! * :-) *Strangely, in the Help > About *it shows that it is
> Picasa version 3.8.x for Linux. * *:-)
>
> Thanks to the 3 of you who replied. *Much appreciated! Lanny

I'm just running Piscasa as an app under the Chromium Web Broser. Also
running Picnik the same way. They work well together.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.5