Old 12-17-2010, 01:57 AM
abhilash sankar

Default Prevent a module from loading during boot up RHEL6

Hi,

I am not sure this is the correct way to ask a question in this forum,
pardon me if not, I am new to this forum. I am trying to install a
driver (of driver disk v3 format) in RHEL6. The issue is I already
have an inbox driver which handles the same device. I want to replace
the driver with an entirely new driver. Installation of my driver is
occurring correctly and my module is installed. But always Inbox
driver is getting preference and getting loaded. While installation
itself I need my driver to be loaded. Is there any way i can disable
the inbox driver module from getting loaded (on install time and in
later bootup also) /is there anyway to change the precedence. Please
help me....

Old 12-17-2010, 07:38 AM
Martin Sivak

Hi,

This kind of issues should be put into bugzilla or the support portal.

But the short way to test this is to check what version does modinfo report, whether there is /root/DD-*/ with the installed module and whether the same module is properly in /lib/modules/<kernel> structure. Also reading the install logs (in /root and /var/log) might give you some more information.

You can also switch to second VT (C-A-F2) during install time and check /tmp/DD* directories + /lib/modules/<kernel>/DD. The updated module should be there.

--
Martin Sivák
msivak@redhat.com